·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
I found this cabinet from Walmart.com
I'll only say his- if you buy that one, you might want to line the shelves with plywood to better disburse the weight.... and install a few dowel rods cut to brace the centers of the shelves.

I have had 2 cabinets similar and had to do the above, just for paint and liquids in cans. My ammo shelves (and I assume everyone's) are much denser than 1/2 full paint cans.

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'll only say his- if you buy that one, you might want to line the shelves with plywood to better disburse the weight.... and install a few dowel rods cut to brace the centers of the shelves.

I have had 2 cabinets similar and had to do the above, just for paint and liquids in cans. My ammo shelves (and I assume everyone's) are much denser than 1/2 full paint cans.
Yeah I’ve already thought about that. I don’t think it will be a problem because I don’t have much ammo. But I hope I can use it to store other sporting goods.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
You'll see if they start to bow... you can beef them up later, just don't wait until you see it a buckle.

·
Premium Member
16,313 Posts
A neighbor gave me a store display rack for Coke products when they were cleaning out their garage. This thing is about 20"x20" and eight feet high. All steel with five heavy steel shelves that can be set at different heights. I never used it for ammo but if security was not a problem, it would be great and could probably hold 10,000 rounds in ammo cans.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Do you really think so?
Yeah, it seems obvious. However, that bit of information was lacking, in the OP. Storing a few thousand rounds is simple and easy. Storing tens of thousands of rounds gets more complicated. Recommendations for holding 10k rounds don’t always scale nicely, for 30k rounds. I understand not wanting to share hard numbers, on a forum. However, even being vague, but giving an idea would help guide relevant answers.

Back when I only had a few thousand rounds, I built this:

Wood Rectangle Hardwood Wood stain Flooring

An idea of what it looked like, with a bit of ammo on it.
Automotive tire Tire Camera lens Shelf Shelving

Now, one of the kids is using it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts