1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, first post, thanks for having me. Read Collins' thread, just wondered if there was oneone here on the board that knows anything about these guns, I just picked one up at a show, been butchered, but savable. I would like to know history of the gun, date of manufacture, and any other interesteing stuff. I have been told that these will soon be on the "classics" listing is this true, should I modify or no, looks pretty much stock, not sure if I can get a new or good used AMT barrel, this one was ground into the chamber (To get it to feed I guess). Gun looks good, appears to be "factory" other than the rough work done on it. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
TFS2403 said:
Hi guys, first post, thanks for having me. Read Collins' thread, just wondered if there was oneone here on the board that knows anything about these guns, I just picked one up at a show, been butchered, but savable. I would like to know history of the gun, date of manufacture, and any other interesteing stuff. I have been told that these will soon be on the "classics" listing is this true, should I modify or no, looks pretty much stock, not sure if I can get a new or good used AMT barrel, this one was ground into the chamber (To get it to feed I guess). Gun looks good, appears to be "factory" other than the rough work done on it. Thanks again
TFS2403,

The AMT company was located out here in Irwindale California a small manufacturing city outside Los Angeles for many years. About 9 years ago they were bought out by a company called Galena Industries and moved outta state. Where they are then/now who knows but I've heard they went outta business withing the past 4 years ago. I like to collect the "Back UP" as they were nice looking pocket pistols. Parts are still available at gun shows but for how long who knows. Persoanllt I'd consider them classics now.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
833 Posts
Do a search of the forum using amt.
There is some information to wade thru.
I wouldnt plan on spending very much on
fixing it up.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
TFS2403, the AMT line of guns are sought after more by AMT collectors than by shooter's. Like any other line of manufacturers some of the guns had more problems than others. You did not say what model you have but I would keep it stock and just shoot it. Check www.gunpartscorp.com for AMT parts.

·
Registered
948 Posts
They went to Sturgis (sp) S. Dakota. Now they are out of business.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts