1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a. The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.
b. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year is 120,000. c. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (US Dept. of Health Human Services)

Now think about this:
a. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000.
b. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) is 1,500. c. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.
As a public health measure I have withheld the statistics
on lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical attention.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Well, doctors are already registered and licensed, so a total ban would appear to be the next logical step.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The facts on the chain mail

Since the AMA supports their policy H-145.991 Gun Control

http://dbapps.ama-assn.org/iwcf/pf_...g=AMA/CEJA&catg=AMA/HOD&&nth=1&&st_p=0&nth=2&

And the facts from the AHRQ are:( linked from the the Dept of health and Human Services )

http://www.ahrq.gov/qual/errorsix.htm

The jab at the doctors was well founded. To search to find the statistic look for medical errors.

If the AMA wants to support anti second amendment legislation, expect critisism from the those of us who respectfully disagree.

Any organization that wants to restrict, repeal, or remove my right to bear arms be it Sarah Bradey, Barbra Boxer, or the AMA is under my watchful eye and I will critisise these people or orgs at every opportunity.

Two old cliches come to mind:

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

The chain mail is my bust, but above are the facts. They may want my guns but I intended to fight it all the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts