1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd share some pics of Ned's handiwork. This was a new-in-the-box blued, carbon steel, ORM Commander that I thought would be a good basis for sending to Ned for a custom. He had his way with it and I think it turned out to be a dandy. A pleasure to carry and a pleasure to shoot!

I guess I caught Ned at a good time, years ago. I believe his wait list is approaching 10 years now. :eek:

·
Registered
13,379 Posts
His talents are simply out of this world. He is on a very short list of people that also include Rogers and Brian who are not just excellent machinists and pistolsmiths (and people) but are truly Jedi masters of the craft.

·
Banned
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His talents are simply out of this world. He is on a very short list of people that also include Rogers and Brian who are not just excellent machinists and pistolsmiths (and people) but are truly Jedi masters of the craft.
Yes, Ned is a wonderful person... a kind gentleman! Always willing to be helpful.

·
Banned
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn is that ever fancy!!! Good for you - enjoy your beautiful pistol!
Thanks, Hemi... it is a symphony of serrations, that's for sure. About as "fancy" as I could tolerate. I could never buy one of those truly fancy engraved pistols... just not my style. This one is about as spiffy as I can go with.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Very beautiful gun. I am the same type who does not like to over do. This gun will look good in a presentation box and will knock eyes out at the range. Ned is one of the best there is, at 66 I could not wait ten years but it would be worth it.

·
Banned
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, Mike. For me, it's an occasional carry gun, but spends most of the time in the safe. I do appreciate the artistry, but the utility as well.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hey that gun looks familiar! That was a while ago, I can't quite read the date on the tritium front sight.

I have not done a serrations-only gun in a long time, that might have been the last one. I don't specifically remember but knowing me as I do I can hear myself saying straight and plain serrations just won't do.....

Thanks for posting!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts