·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,290 Posts
Looks like he hired someone with the shakes to do the beveling along the lower edge of the slide, and the edges of the "port". Even if I liked the design, and I don't, the sloppy detail work is a big turn-off.

·
Registered
504 Posts
That pistol is just plain "Fugly". The sad part is that he probably paid someone an arm and a leg to get it to look like that........:barf:

RJM

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
looks like someone did something unnatural between a Colt and a Detonics

·
Registered
470 Posts
I just saddens me to see something like that done to a fine pistol. :bawling: If they are going to trash a gun like that, they should have sent it to me before doing anything to it; I would have given it a good loving home.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
you should need an IQ test before purchasing dremels, spray paint, locktite, and duct tape.....

and it looks like all 4 were used in this poject....:barf:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Somebody deserves a beating over that. NO self-respecting gunsmith should EVER follow some idiots wishes to butcher a gun like that. Just ain't right. I don't care how much money the fool has. I've met tattoo artists with more class than that.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Quote from seller's description: THIS GUN WILL LOOK LIKE THIS FOREVER.

That is truly unfortunate news. Probably because no one in their right mind will buy it. Maybe this is one pony that should be put out to pasture.

·
Administrator
73,795 Posts
Well..... maybe once that slide is thrown away and replaced with a new one it won't be so bad. But not for $2500.

I think we reached the end of the road regardling useful 1911 modifications about 10 years ago. Nowadays the only way to make something new is to make it completely ridiculous, like SIS-shaped serrations and other monstrocities like this one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
But but but, it's a $2500 gun, guys! It says so right there! He wouldn't lie, right? It's a priceless one-of-a-kind collectors item! Right?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Quote from seller's description: THIS GUN WILL LOOK LIKE THIS FOREVER.

That is truly unfortunate news. Probably because no one in their right mind will buy it. Maybe this is one pony that should be put out to pasture.
Or put out of its misery.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
This is one time that a Colt would look better as a manhole cover. His handle should be GunsmithingOnlyEludesMe.

Regards,
Andy

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
That pistol is just plain "Fugly". The sad part is that he probably paid someone an arm and a leg to get it to look like that........:barf:

RJM

Looks like a homemade POS project to me. Sad thing is, some goofus will probably pay an arm and a leg for this pistol.:barf:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts