1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got her to the range today. I again went thru 7 magazine different brands (four 7 rounders and three 8 round mags) repeated it 3 times. No hiccup or issues. My grouping is not as tight as my other 1911's. But I think if I shoot more it might get tighter. That being said the trigger is a lot heavier than lets say my SA RO 1911. I might get a trigger job down the road. All shots 25yds. Very nice feel with these grips too.

Cheers
Ron

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
Hey there. That is still nice shooting. Your shots touching show that you and the gun are capable. The others may not have been the gun. You may see your black range officer sights better with more definition for long range repeat ability than the dots on the Taurus Novaks. Most serious long range small group chasers do use all black. Dots are sort of for speeding things up at lesser distances where any hit center of mass is acceptable instead of an 8 vs a 10.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
SASMAYHEM,

I agree with Chuntaro. That is a really good target. 25 yards gets harder the older you get.

After 50 rounds MY last target looked like this: :(

I suspect that with a bit of practice your groups will improve even more.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I wonder what difference the Wilson parts may have made for you...it would be interesting to see how the stock gun may have acted before changing any parts...

Bill

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the inputs, I think one of the issues was also the trigger pull, again to me it seemed a little heavier that my RO, which has had a trigger job. That being said, I dropped my PT1911 off at my gunsmith to drop the trigger pull a little and install a non ambi thumb safety.

Cheers
Ron
and again thanks for the inputs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts