1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Just goes to show, you never know who's armed.

But I would have preferred to hear something like, "I carry and I practice often."

·
Banned
4,947 Posts
That is a really good video. Every state gun organization should support and ad like that. I'ld even give a slight donation towards one.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
That is a very good representation of good Americans that carry a firearm in their daily life.........and I carry also!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Concealed carry by who knows who is the whole point, isn't it? Not knowing which of your victims may pull and end your troubles when you are a bad guy is the big question that may keep the bad guy honest, for today. Just the possibility of the mom and kid walking to the library and may be armed, or the nice lady walking her dog on the local trail having a handgun, that is the beauty of concealed carry. Keep them guessing. Even if you don't have it with you, make the reach into your belt line when the bad guy comes up on you. Just might be enough to throw that doubt into someone and have them run like heck. Worked for me once when I was stupid and lazy and went out to the store for a quick forgotten item. Left the pocket piece home, and when the pair of dirtbags came at me in the parking lot in an obviously hostile manner, I did the reaction thing and cleared my jacket back and went for the draw. Damn, forgot something. But the reaction was clear enough of what was coming, and they decided to turn and run before noticing my empty hands coming up as if I had the pocket piece with me. They ran, and I just laughed. But now I have gotten smarter, and now I carry concealed.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Very nicely done.

I wonder who the target audience is, the intended message/s to each audience, and potential collateral damage could be incurred?

To a gun owner and one who carries this video makes perfect sense. To a non owner how will this message be interpreted?

I think the production and message is "soft" enough to appeal to the middle masses.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
One in thirty-three is good.
We are one in fifteen, and I think one in ten would be REALLY good. :rock:

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Nicely done

I approve this message:rock: and I Carry

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I think every local club should sponsor and produce a clip like this. Just imagine the viral exposure if hundreds (or thousands) of these videos started to pop up. Sure there are thousands of videos with borderline nut jobs blowing stuff up in the desert. If only we had the same number of vids with normal people simply stating they carry for safety.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
It was well done and gets the message across.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Shared on Facebook, and the first few comments were similar to "This scares me" and "This is a tragedy waiting to happen."

ACK!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I believe the purpose of this video was to show that average regular people carry guns without hurting anyone. The person standing next to you could be carrying. Some of the state officials and reporters like to give the impression that only Rambo and paranoid prepper types carry and that there is no need for a average person to need a gun. But that's just my .02.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I think the libtards don't realize how many "ordinary" people carry guns every day. They think it's an extreme right wing deal.

When went to the Sheriff's office to get my CCW permit today, there were 6 women there waiting to get screened.

There's no real way to convince the left, tho.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts