1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Picked one up several years ago for the same price...great deal!!

By the looks of the pictures, not much wear on the chamber.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Good fine. I'm sure you got your moneys worth, but give use a range report when you can. I like mine so much I can't see getting a Pro although there is the Operator version.:scratch:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Maybe for my next one EOD....right now I've got VZ Operators on my Mil-Spec which are fitting my tastes for now.

But I'll sure as hell by another set of grips as an excuse to get another 1911. :dope:

Been lookin for a full railed Mil-Spec.

Anyways...sorry to de rail this thread. Back on topic!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Great gun at a even better price, congrats on the sweet deal.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Awesome. That or the MC Operator will be my next

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very nice gun and a even better price. What is the barrel bushing on it? It looks thick. congrats on your new pistola.......

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Luv44mag said:
Very nice gun and a even better price. What is the barrel bushing on it? It looks thick. congrats on your new pistola.......
I will have to check out the bushing. Also FLGR. I have not had it to the range yet.

I really like the single cocking serrations. I am not a fan of serrations on the front of the slide.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Nice gun, but do you know the history of it? I ask because there are several things "odd" about it. The bushing does indeed look "thick" as mentioned. It only has a single sided thunb safety when TRPs have ambis, and I've never seen a TRP (or any "loaded" Springers for that matter) without front slide serrations. I'm also guessing it has newer night sights on it because of the white lettering visible on the rear sight. Oh, and not to nitpick, but I think those grips (I really like em) are $37 for EACH panel thru Springfield, not for a set. Enjoy and good luck.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
glocker1911 said:
Nice gun, but do you know the history of it? I ask because there are several things "odd" about it. The bushing does indeed look "thick" as mentioned. It only has a single sided thunb safety when TRPs have ambis, and I've never seen a TRP (or any "loaded" Springers for that matter) without front slide serrations. I'm also guessing it has newer night sights on it because of the white lettering visible on the rear sight. Oh, and not to nitpick, but I think those grips (I really like em) are $37 for EACH panel thru Springfield, not for a set. Enjoy and good luck.

It may of been sent back to Springfield's Custom Shop for the TRP conversion or likely customized by someone else. Do you know it's history army_eod?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know it has had work done to it. It was traded along with another loaded and customized Springer for a Nighthawk. I got it from my friendly local gun dealer with whom I have been doing business for six years now.

Not worried about any problems with it. My dealer will make good on any issues, but he has already checked it out. The guy who traded it is an established customer as well.

Yes....they are new Trijicon night sights.

I will let you all know how it shoots soonest.

Trust me...Springfield quoted me the price on the SET of grips. I just put them on yesterday.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Swweeeet deal. I guess there is hope to find them out ther under the $1k mark.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh my God! Just took this TRP to the range. I am now spoiled.
Undoubtedly the sweetest gun I ever fired. Even with Speer target ball it was dead on at 15 yds. Best trigger I ever felt.

No doubt there is serious quality here.

Then I cleaned it. It has some use. But it is probably just broken in. :rock:

I am waiting for Springfield to get back with me, but I am thinking this was manufactured in 98.

I cannot imagine a better 1911. I guess I will test my theory and rent a Nighthawk or Wilson next time at the range. Cannot see that there can be that much difference except for price. Mine for 850.00 or Wilson/Nighthawk for 2500.00 or more.

Unfortunately it puts my other 1911s to shame.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS:rock:

You just got to love shooting a pistol that you KNOW you got a great deal on. Looks really sweet!!!!! TRP KOOL AID - VERY NICE!!!!:rock:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
old-lefty said:
CONGRADULATIONS:rock:

You just got to love shooting a pistol that you KNOW you got a great deal on. Looks really sweet!!!!! TRP KOOL AID - VERY NICE!!!!:rock:
lefty..I like your signature. :rock:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts