1911Forum banner

And the "Ugliest Gun of the Year" award goes to...

3525 Views 28 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  Peak
Sorry if anyone here is the owner of this but... eeouch!

edited because I figured a link to an ad may be a no-no.

[This message has been edited by ChrisS (edited 10-10-2001).]
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
355 Posts
Well Chris as the old line goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." In my eyes I like it and would carry it. There's something fascinating about it.

Keep in mind however, I had no real problem with the Edsel either.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Patrickl:
Well Chris as the old line goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." In my eyes I like it and would carry it. There's something fascinating about it.

Keep in mind however, I had no real problem with the Edsel either.
True, true... perhaps with a different set of grips...

· Administrator
80,955 Posts
I'll betcha if Colt marketed this as a "Ladycolt" model to all the wimmin' out there they'd probably sell a bunch of them.

At least it looks as far from an "icky gun" as I can think of. As it is, I've seen guns a LOT more utt-bugly than this one.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

· Registered
901 Posts
Originally posted by ChrisS:
True, true... perhaps with a different set of grips...

The grip's aren't really that bad, but I could do without the extended Slide Stop, and would have a different rear sight.

The Bevel/Melt on the muzzle looks nice though.

The only other thing... While I like Blue, as a color, Blue has been associated with Simunitions/Training-Safe guns, so having a Blue gun for carry might not be a good idea.

· Registered
715 Posts
My Motorola cell phone is blue and silver and beige. It sort of came to mind when I saw that Colt. I find it really hard to warm up to having any part of a serious gun colored electric blue like that.

In Patton, the general denies having pearl handles on his guns, saying that "only a pimp in a New Orleans whorehouse" would have pearl handles on his gun.

(His, Patton's, were ivory, I understand. )

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

[This message has been edited by jpwright (edited 10-10-2001).]

· Registered
118 Posts
Splash-anodize the slide purple, add a hopper, maybe a shot-count LED device, and you gots yourself one nice paintball gun.

YUCK!

------------------
~ ScorpioVI
http://tacticalpursuits.com

· Registered
366 Posts
Theres a girl I know that would like one painted pink with red hearts on the grips.

------------------
-Electric Armadillo-
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." - Yasir Arrafat (On going to war over religion)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.