1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if anyone here is the owner of this but... eeouch!

edited because I figured a link to an ad may be a no-no.

[This message has been edited by ChrisS (edited 10-10-2001).]

·
Registered
853 Posts
Well Chris as the old line goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." In my eyes I like it and would carry it. There's something fascinating about it.

Keep in mind however, I had no real problem with the Edsel either.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Patrickl:
Well Chris as the old line goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." In my eyes I like it and would carry it. There's something fascinating about it.

Keep in mind however, I had no real problem with the Edsel either.
True, true... perhaps with a different set of grips...

·
Administrator
72,143 Posts
I'll betcha if Colt marketed this as a "Ladycolt" model to all the wimmin' out there they'd probably sell a bunch of them.

At least it looks as far from an "icky gun" as I can think of. As it is, I've seen guns a LOT more utt-bugly than this one.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by ChrisS:
True, true... perhaps with a different set of grips...

The grip's aren't really that bad, but I could do without the extended Slide Stop, and would have a different rear sight.

The Bevel/Melt on the muzzle looks nice though.

The only other thing... While I like Blue, as a color, Blue has been associated with Simunitions/Training-Safe guns, so having a Blue gun for carry might not be a good idea.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
My Motorola cell phone is blue and silver and beige. It sort of came to mind when I saw that Colt. I find it really hard to warm up to having any part of a serious gun colored electric blue like that.

In Patton, the general denies having pearl handles on his guns, saying that "only a pimp in a New Orleans whorehouse" would have pearl handles on his gun.

(His, Patton's, were ivory, I understand. )

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

[This message has been edited by jpwright (edited 10-10-2001).]

·
Registered
271 Posts
Splash-anodize the slide purple, add a hopper, maybe a shot-count LED device, and you gots yourself one nice paintball gun.

YUCK!

------------------
~ ScorpioVI
http://tacticalpursuits.com

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just think, if the anodized finish ever got scratched, you could touch it up with nail polish.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's "too pretty" to shoot. I would not own anything I could not shoot. ...now a fire-engine red frame might look good...

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I dunno... I guess it would just go really nicely with one of those Blue & White Dodge Viper GTS's

·
Registered
207 Posts
i don't think women that shoot like this stuff either. That does have a very distinked look though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
HEY!!! i kinda like it

too bad the grips arent black

------------------
Caspian frame + Colt parts = Col-spian? or Cas-olt?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Needs curb feelers too.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Theres a girl I know that would like one painted pink with red hearts on the grips.

------------------
-Electric Armadillo-
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." - Yasir Arrafat (On going to war over religion)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts