1911Forum banner

And these brady bunch nut jobs.

2173 Views 50 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  buck460XVR
They claim that only three to five percent of all of these shooters are "living with" mental illness.
How bogus can you get? I would say that it is pretty difficult to make the argument that any of them might not be.

Youngkin Faces Pressure on Gun Laws After Second State Shooting This Month (msn.com)
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,697 Posts
The Russkies were famous for blaming everything on "mental illness" - that dog don't hunt.

It is, (of course) - and whee! AND, they get to define "act strange", too.
I heard the magic word. :) Russkies didn't blame everything on mental illness russkies used "mental illness" to shove dissents into looney bins when Gulags were full. Heck Russky criminals during the 90s raped pillaged IED'd, RPG'd, sniped, maimed and molested left and right but they never opened fire on random people or to settle some workplace grudges. It was strictly targeted business and do anything otherwise was just bad form and bad morals. This whole random mass shooting business is uniquely US problem, sign of disjoined society again not a gun problem people problem.

· Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Mental illness vs psychological or psychiatric deviation I'd say. Paranoia, schizophrenia, multiple personality disorders. Those would be mental illnesses. Parkland wasn't it, Colorado wasn't it. Columbine wasn't it, Uvalde wasn't it, Sandy hook was it.

Here's the prime example of how it starts. Enemy and all I won't be showing off to the camera my kill prowess enemy and all I wouldn't be doing it as a human interest story if I had a half a scruple left in my head.

· Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Now as far as killing for the joy of it... well there are lots of exceptions there too. I have seen a video of a pod of Orca killer whales playing with a seal. They tossed it back and forth like a badminton shuttlecock. I have also seen videos of lion cubs toying with a small tiny antelope calf... literally biting it and tormenting that thing, but they had already eaten because their mother killed the mother of the antelope; which brings me to my favorite cat. My Himalayan cat I bought in 1982... a beautiful Blue point Himalayan long hair. Anyhow, she was the sweetest thing around humans, she would rub against your legs, demand to have her neck scratch, and every morning she would jump into my bed and sit on my chest and purr like a well tuned sports car until I got up and fed her. I never own a sweeter animal for a pet. But my God, she was the most wicked, mean, merciless huntress that would kill for the joy of it. I over fed that cat so she never needed to kill to eat, she was also finicky eater, but if she ever saw a small animal, a lizard, or a mouse, she would catch it and toy with it until it was dead. Never ate anything she caught. The first time was in Florida when she caught a series of lizards. We have these small brown anoles all over the place in Florida. She would catch one and gnaw off the legs and feet alive. Then other times she was really good at just playing with it. First time I realized how dexterous house cats were with their claws. She caught one and she would wear it out. She would allow it to escape, and then swipe at it and with one claw extended like an index finger, she nailed the lizard and dragged it back. She would do that over and over again tormenting that lizard. One time she caught a mouse, and played soccer with it. I though she was playing with a sock ball out of my laundry basket. But no it was a mouse that she tortured to death and then dropped it by my feet.
I wouldn't call it for the joy of it those are younglings learning how to hunt while they play. Much like human kids learn their life skills thru playing with blocks and legos and what not. Sucks to be a seal or an antelope but those are predators and they are a prey. Get's a bit fuzzy with domesticated predators simply because they never get to exercise and socialize at hunting fully as babies and instinct takes over. But feral cats you can have a fattest mouse sitting right in front of it and she wouldn't even flinch if she is not hungry. Barn cats would chase anything that moves because they are guard dogs again different purpose. And don't forget that killing for joy is never or very seldom of their own species. They toy with their natural prey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts