1911Forum banner

And these brady bunch nut jobs.

2169 Views 50 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  buck460XVR
They claim that only three to five percent of all of these shooters are "living with" mental illness.
How bogus can you get? I would say that it is pretty difficult to make the argument that any of them might not be.

Youngkin Faces Pressure on Gun Laws After Second State Shooting This Month (msn.com)
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
13,778 Posts
"diagnosis" of individuals who want to "reassign" themselves to another gender. It's common now to say that these people are "mentally ill"
It not nice to fool Mother Nature. A screw is obviously loose and may just remove them from the Apex list altogether. Any documented instances of gay Gorillas out there? Seems like many fundamental instincts have been flushed down the toilet in the “third” bathroom….

· Registered
186 Posts
In the WM case, parts of the shooter's 'manifesto' have been published (if not the whole thing). From what I read, the dude was coming apart mentally, obsessing way-too-intensively over both vengeance and its contradictions.

Yet his statements indicate that he continued to know the difference between right and wrong, and that he was enough in touch with reality to fully understand the consequences of what he was about to do.

It appears that his gun purchase and the subsequent murders would be almost impossible to stop, except perhaps by return fire from one of the targeted employees ('good guy with a gun').

To use such cases as justification for altering our free society is madness.

· Registered
108 Posts
FWIW, I don't believe that the classic or clinical definitions of "mentally ill" apply to the vast majority of criminals or mass murderers. It's simply too easy to use some comparative analysis of their actions and behaviors with what most people think is "normal" behavior and call any deviation a "mental illness." (Same thinking, BTW, applies to the present and ever popular "diagnosis" of individuals who want to "reassign" themselves to another gender. It's common now to say that these people are "mentally ill" having to live in their biological reality and the "cure" for that "illness" is "gender reassignment" treatments and therapies. But I digress...)

In my opinion, the majority of these violent and anti-social criminal shooters have simply been acculturated or raised and taught that their totally self-centered behavior is normal and acceptable. That is, they act and behave in the way that they were raised in the environments in which they live. Society has failed these individuals by destroying the family unit, seeking to "medicate away" unacceptable behaviors (rather than instill self-discipline through the use of discipline), and created vast swaths of government-controlled living space where the law of the jungle and criminal behavior are the expected norm, where violence is the path to power and success.

It's only when these violent and anti-social criminal shooters step out of the shadows and cross the line into the ever-decreasing areas where such behavior and action are not generally accepted or expected that their actions and behaviors are then "diagnosed" by the progressive-liberal elites and media as "mental illnesses."

In their quest for power and control, progressive-liberals have turned huge areas of the country and masses of its citizens into animals acting on instinct and narcissism, and it's only a problem for them when these people infringe on the prog-libby's imaginary world that they see any problem.
Can't disagree with that

· Registered
108 Posts
There are a lot of humans that are not aggressive and wouldn't qualify as an Apex Predator unless they were the subject of a comic book. Do you seriously consider Joe Biden to be an Apex Predator? I wouldn't consider the majority of demokrats to be an Apex at anything. They might talk big, but, they are mostly all talk. Maslow's hierarchy of Needs are a list of instincts. That people all have in order to survive. After which they satisfy the basic survival needs, they go on into the things that are not need just for survival.
You appear to be conflagrating the term Apex Predator with the ability to use violence to achieve ones goals. I'd argue that anyone who rises to the presidency is an apex predator because of the will, determination and drive it takes to get there. You don't just wake up and find yourself president one day. Humans didn't survive as a species because they were stronger, faster, and more ferocious than other animals. They survived on guile and guts.

· Registered
3,317 Posts
In my opinion ! I believe that the current “computer game” culture of violent games that romanticize killing others like “call to duty“ that desensitizes people from the act of taking a life really needs to be looked at, I think a lot of that has some effect, throw in a mentally unstable individual, and anyone who does these shooting are unstabile !

the fact that our politicians only want to blame it all squarely on gun ownership says to me that they are supremely ignorant Or have an agenda that they are pushing here. All my opinion.
It should be obvious that it is agenda driven. They certainly aren't willing to give up their "armed" security.
How do you think they would confiscate our weapons?

· Registered
128 Posts
FWIW, I don't believe that the classic or clinical definitions of "mentally ill" apply to the vast majority of criminals or mass murderers. It's simply too easy to use some comparative analysis of their actions and behaviors with what most people think is "normal" behavior and call any deviation a "mental illness." (Same thinking, BTW, applies to the present and ever popular "diagnosis" of individuals who want to "reassign" themselves to another gender. It's common now to say that these people are "mentally ill" having to live in their biological reality and the "cure" for that "illness" is "gender reassignment" treatments and therapies. But I digress...)

In my opinion, the majority of these violent and anti-social criminal shooters have simply been acculturated or raised and taught that their totally self-centered behavior is normal and acceptable. That is, they act and behave in the way that they were raised in the environments in which they live. Society has failed these individuals by destroying the family unit, seeking to "medicate away" unacceptable behaviors (rather than instill self-discipline through the use of discipline), and created vast swaths of government-controlled living space where the law of the jungle and criminal behavior are the expected norm, where violence is the path to power and success.

It's only when these violent and anti-social criminal shooters step out of the shadows and cross the line into the ever-decreasing areas where such behavior and action are not generally accepted or expected that their actions and behaviors are then "diagnosed" by the progressive-liberal elites and media as "mental illnesses."

In their quest for power and control, progressive-liberals have turned huge areas of the country and masses of its citizens into animals acting on instinct and narcissism, and it's only a problem for them when these people infringe on the prog-libby's imaginary world that they see any problem.
The important thing to remember is that mental illness may be an explanation, but never an excuse. Those who qualify for an insanity defense should spend the same amount of time committed that they would have spent in prison. The rest should get whatever penalty anyone else would get.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
In my opinion ! I believe that the current “computer game” culture of violent games that romanticize killing others like “call to duty“ that desensitizes people from the act of taking a life really needs to be looked at, I think a lot of that has some effect, throw in a mentally unstable individual, and anyone who does these shooting are unstabile !

the fact that our politicians only want to blame it all squarely on gun ownership says to me that they are supremely ignorant Or have an agenda that they are pushing here. All my opinion.

^^^ I tend to agree with this to a certain degree, but I don't think it's necessarily just a "computer culture". I call it a culture of violence. Not only are the new video games romancing blood and gore, but so are the majority of the most popular "action" movies. What used to make folks sick to their stomach is now the norm as Keanu Reeves, Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone blow the grey matter all over every room they walk into. I remember back in the 60s when violence in film/T.V. was blamed for violent crimes, yet we never saw blood, much less did we see folks walk up to someone, put a gun to their head and see it's contents subsequently sprayed all over the wall in graphic color. Hell, the Lone Ranger, for all the bullets he sent downrange, never killed a single bad guy. Road Rage, parental violence at youth sports, and TikTok videos of random fights in school yards......all now have become accepted behavior and are embraced. Still, it's not a simple cause, but very complex. It's a culture that has been cultivated over a period of years. Used to be violence was with fists. The with guns. Then with guns capable of doing greater damage and holding more ammo. The escalation of violence with guns was very obvious during prohibition and has continued since. The abandonment of young children at home with the increase in single parents and both parents being in the workforce, has increased the age of adolescence and reduced the amount of guidance as kids grow up. Add to this, that many folks have accepted that violence using guns is just something we have to live with, if we truly believe in the 2nd.

This is not just about being mentally ill, this is about not having value for human life.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts