1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sheriff says the house owner was exercising his 2nd amendment right to defend himself and the people inside. Apparently the family in the house was supporting the wife's divorce case and the husband was enraged about that. He kicked in the door and came in armed.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-homeowner-second-amendment-killed-intruder-sheriff
The homeowner acted in self-defense when he killed Ronald Fleet, 55, in Land O’Lakes Saturday afternoon, Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said.
Well, she won't have to concerned herself about a messy divorce anymore. ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I live in St Pete, and I have 2 loaded guns, within easy reach. No one is allowed to kick in my door, and I will leave it that. Because somebody will die, either me or the thug, but one of us is leaving the hard way.

Sent from my U693CL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
Sounds like, the guy who kicked the door in got what he deserved.
We don’t know all the facts obviously.

However,

The shame of the story is that estranged vindictive/greedy wives and their lawyers file false TRO’s against husbands everyday to gain leverage during divorce. True victims of Domestic violence should be angered by it.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I live in St Pete, and I have 2 loaded guns, within easy reach. No one is allowed to kick in my door, and I will leave it that. Because somebody will die, either me or the thug, but one of us is leaving the hard way.

Philly burbs here ... I’m right there with you. Multiple items around the house within easy reach.

·
Registered
722 Posts
FL has stand your ground and a very strong castle doctrine.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
"Fleet was killed when he forced his way into the home a second time, the sheriff said. He said Fleet was carrying a .380 caliber handgun and discharged one round."

Well, there's your problem.....whenever I kick someone's door in because my estranged wife is inside, I have a .44 Magnum in each hand.

·
Registered
22,871 Posts
I can only surmise that she was the only woman in the world.

And something worth getting killed over at that. What a loser.

·
Registered
31 Posts
"Fleet was killed when he forced his way into the home a second time, the sheriff said. He said Fleet was carrying a .380 caliber handgun and discharged one round."

Well, there's your problem.....whenever I kick someone's door in because my estranged wife is inside, I have a .44 Magnum in each hand.
When I kick in the door because my estranged wife is inside it’s because they are trying to give her back:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hope Florida is a Castle Doctrine state.
It is, but I killed someone in self defense in WV, before they passed their Stand Your Ground law. I think that my trial and acquittal helped to sway the state legislature, who were discussing the law and its passage. It passed at short time after my highly publicized felony trial.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
I hope she gets his (if any) life insurance proceeds. Because I suspect that she's been though hell & back with this guy. She's earned a payday.

And props to the shooter, the true hero of the story.

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
I hope she gets his (if any) life insurance proceeds. Because I suspect that she's been though hell & back with this guy. She's earned a payday.
^^^Thats some ridiculous thinking^^^ for knowing nothing about the facts of their divorce. The dead husband could’ve just found out his beloved was a goldigging slut and was robbing him blind, sending him into a rage which got him killed.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Plantar5 ---------- No, it's not ridiculous thinking. Read my words that you re-posted.

I said that I SUSPECT that she's been through hell & back. NOT that she HAD been, for certain, just that I suspected it. It's not ridiculous to suspect.

But what YOU seem to be saying/suggesting IS ridiculous, or dang close.

You think it's likely that he was a totally reasonable, normal guy who suddenly went, completely out-of-character HOMICIDAL ?

Slim chance of that, for sure. Odds are that they had problems for a long time before this (Note his Domestic Battery arrest in 2011) And that she was justifiably scared of him, because she DID leave the home to stay at a friend's house.

And note that it was NOT a Gold-Digging Rich Boy-Toy's fancy condo, it was just a friend & her husband that she was staying with. Who were helping her financially with her divorce too.

I do not see it likely that a couch-surfer , that can't afford a lawyer, had a rich boyfriend.

Or that she left her home for no reason. I think the situation is pretty much as- published.

She was scared. He was a nut.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts