1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know or have known of anyone annodizing an alluminum framed kimber? i have a tactical pro II kimber and the slide release is wearing the finish off the frame and i was just seeing what my options were and a candy annodize on a kimber frame would be ridiculously gorgeous if it would hold up!

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
There are several types and qualities of anodizing. The softer ones offer gorgeous colors, but I don't know if I'd want that on a pistol frame. Hard anodizing still offers some color options, but most are more subdued.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Be careful on that. Some anodizing will wear very easy and fades in the sun light as well.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Punisher,
Just leave it alone. The anodizing is not just the finish but it's actually the surface treatment to the frame itself. From the many magazine articles I've read, only 1 company does anodizing work at the retail level (I don't even remember their name).

What you may be referring to is a refinishing job and that's a different story. You will find many companies that will do that for you. CCR refinishing comes to mind. There are many others.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know too much about the tolerances on these pistols but here's a link about anodizing...

http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize.html

This is kind of a do it yourself article on the subject.

I do konw that Anodizing adds thickness to surface of the parts being anodized so you'll have to watch out but it would be kinda coold to see one of these pistols with some wild colors... it would definitly apeal to women...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts