1911Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
I'm amazed that any thinking individual would believe that the effectiveness of unaimed fire would surpass the effectiveness of aimed and controlled fire. I would suggest perhaps, too many viewings of Hollywood fantasies.
I respect you LW, but obviously you've never been in combat with full auto fire. Other than the first original burst you're just pointing in the direction, which is exactly what the Vegas shooter did, and quite effectively with a crowd that dense.

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
I don't think you understood what I wrote.

·
Administrator
74,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think we were all surprised by how effective the Vegas shooter was with bump stocks. Up until that point I had considered them a total waste of money and ammo, good only for making a lot of noise and incapable of any sort of accurate fire, much like the trigger-mounted hand cranks and such people used to buy. To me they were such a novelty that no bad guy would waste his time with such gimmickry. Unfortunately the Vegas shooter found the perfect opportunity to pour a high volume of fire into a large, dense crowd and the bump stocks helped facilitate that. He could've simply fired semi-auto as fast as he could but he wouldn't have been able to get off as many shots in the time that he did, and any improvement in his overall accuracy would've been academic given the huge target-rich environment he was shooting into.

The bottom line here is, the shooter was a smart sicko who methodically planned his attack to inflict the maximum number of casualties. Simply banning the objects he used is of little use because someone like him could come up with another way to kill people in large numbers. We mustn't forget the terrorist in Nice, France who managed to mow down and kill more people using a cargo truck than the Vegas shooter did with automatic rifles.

·
Registered
861 Posts
This continually boils down simple: the ones doing wrong/evil do it regardless of laws and regulations. Meanwhile, everyone that is not doing wrong/evil gets stuck - because a bunch of numbnuts feel they can legislate Good Behavior.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
The Las Vegas shooter didn't need to be "effective". The crowd was so thick all he had to do was aim in that general direction and down they went. I'm amazed you didn't consider the crowd density before making that statement. He was also across the street/parking lot so aimed fire at night would have been difficult with crowd disbursing in all directions.
Oklahoma City? Truck bomb?
Or he could have just stolen a tractor trailer and driven over everyone killing and injuring just as many similar to France.
Why is it when ONE person uses something related to guns or gun accessories all of us have to suffer and even a large portion support the infringement?
It’s an accessory. There are tens of thousands if not more of them out there that were being used to burn up ammo and money. ONE guy ruins it for all?
WE let them ban a piece of plastic. :(

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Well, let me say that I'm a staunch supporter of the 2nd and an NRA lifer. Having said that, I see no use for a "toy" that enables an AR or any other gun to shoot like a machine gun while not actually being a machine gun. While the law doesn't prevent anyone from buying a toy that they can have fun with, I believe the Las Vegas massacre proves that a deranged person can murder with it at a higher pace than if he had to pull the trigger once for each firing of the gun. That piece of sh-- plastic adapter should not be allowed anywhere.
I support the second amendment, but...:barf:

·
Registered
15,746 Posts
Bump stocks are nothing but a distraction from the truth. ANYONE (including Donald Trump) who really believes that bump stocks had ANYTHING to do with Las Vegas has crap for brains.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Bump stocks are nothing but a distraction from the truth. ANYONE (including Donald Trump) who really believes that bump stocks had ANYTHING to do with Las Vegas has crap for brains.
OK, not sure how you define "had anything to do with Las Vegas" so, permit me a statement of my own. Anyone who believes that bump stocks didn't kill or wound more people than if the shooter's gun didn't have one has crap for brains. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
129 Posts
You are absolutely correct.

And I also find it strange that people say they believe in the 2nd amendment but only in the firearms and accessories that they like. Do they realize that not everyone has the same interest as they do? What if everyone else had no problem banning the firearms that they liked? I would never use a bump stock. But I sure do not want to see anything associated with firearms getting banned. One thing leads to another.
^ The bolded part is the quintessential definition of a FUDD. But then again I believe that "Shall not be infringed" means exactly that, and the only thing separating having a real machine gun delivered to a person's doorstep is the wad of cash to pay for it, in fact once upon a time in this once great Replublic that was the case.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts