1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy here at work has his Dad's old issue .45 marked Military Police. He was an MP during WWII, and managed to keep his side arm after getting out. My co-worker is financing a 'vette restoration project and he is getting older by the day, approaching retirement. I think he would like to hand the Colt over to someone that would appreciate it since he does not have any children, and at the same time get a little money for his car. I'd like to make a fair offer to him, so I'm asking for opinions on the value. Don't have numbers, and I can imagine that the finish is probably about gone, seeing that it saw duty in Europe and beyond. If I'm lucky, I'll have two WWII .45's that I know the previous owners of and the "family history" of each.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi Scott,
it could be anywhere from 400 to 1000. variables are all original, % of finish left, and overall wear. Need serial number and good pics to really give you a ball park. Does the barrel have the correct stamps, trigger, hammer, grips? Has it been refinished? During its military service did the armory rebuild it? You see where I am going with this

If its a functioning gun, as a shooter $500 or more depending on where you live...

Cheers
Ty

------------------
Visit my 1911 site www.CoolGunSite.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts