1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
672 Posts
Awesome!

Stunning work gents! I honestly can't tell where Bob left off and where Chuck began, or vice versa. It's almost as if you two have worked together before...:rolleyes: Great job, and I'll be back for several more looks!

Dave

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
What, have you two moved in together? Another beautiful tandem piece!
Tracy

·
Registered
1911 Pistol smith
463 Posts
Very clean. You and Bob put together some really nice guns individually. It is so neat to see 2 artists that have such similar styles, and execution. World class as always. I still need to finish up the S80 Commander you machined for me.:cool: Been on the back burner for a bit.

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
Wow. I love the "simpler" jobs. I have my gun all spec'd out... :)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
That is amazing work. Lots of details there. I really like the modification to the Novak rear sight. The contour work on the butt is perfect. And look at the high-grip treatment!!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Chuck (and Bob), that is simply spectacular. Thanks for sharing the pictures of this latest collaboration.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Chuck, you and Bob are truly a Dream Team. Congrats again on another masterpiece!

Stan

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like it a lot. I'm starting to see why the 1911 is an infectious disease...

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Another stunning beauty. :rock:

Robert

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Superb, sirs. Absolutely beautiful. And two of the photos are also extremely educational for me. Those two are the close ups of the port and the mag well. The rollover-notch photo shows detail that I'd always wanted to see in a Rodgers & Rogers pistol up close and never had the opportunity until now. The mag well shows me what a perfect mag well looks like when the parts used are of standard design (e.g.: not a redesigned MSH), which as a completely subjective thing is what I prefer.

There is no way . . . no way . . . I can do that with my hand tools. And even when I finally do get around to unpacking my new/used mill I bought from Mr. Erickson, I have no doubt it will take years and a pile of scrap metal before I can ever approach that level of quality. And yea, I know that mag well is not a mill-only job - it takes finish work by hand, and I would dearly love to have a chance to sit quietly in the corner and watch these guys perform it.

Thanks for sharing these photos, and for all your efforts, gents. You continue to give guys like me a standard to shoot for, even if realistically we'll probably never be able to meet it.

Best,
Jon

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
Outstanding!

You guys have "an eye" for what looks right, and the workmanship and attention to detail is stunning :)

·
Banned
672 Posts
I've been back several times to study this one. The high-cut trigger guard is as nice as I have seen. I can't imagine the hours spent on the magwell either. That's about as open as you can get without slipping on extra parts or creating razor-sharp edges. The envelope has been pushed yet again...

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Dave Erickson said:
I've been back several times to study this one. The high-cut trigger guard is as nice as I have seen. I can't imagine the hours spent on the magwell either. That's about as open as you can get without slipping on extra parts or creating razor-sharp edges. The envelope has been pushed yet again...
Ditto to every single word!

·
Premium Member
5,968 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way....

I really like the concept and enjoy the photos of this latest effort.

I have to say that were it mine, I would have wanted the "billboard" modified or "erased". It just doesn't seem to fit in anymore after all that nice work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.