1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
74,047 Posts
Fined?!? Whoever did that should be shot! How on Earth could somebody do something that stupid to a pistol that was still brand new??? Looks like he buggered it up, then realizing his idiotic mistake decided to offload it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Realizing that you don't know how to disassemble your new gun for cleaning, at what point do you call someone for help... before you've destroyed it or afterward? Let me sleep on that and get back to you in the morning :confused:

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Hey, it was his gun. As long as he realized he's taking a big hit for being dumb...lol

But then, some folks sell 45 brass for $75 per thousand and other fools buy it.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
518 Posts
If there was a bright side to this story at least the 1918 repro is still current production. The bonehead could've just as easily pulled that stunt on a mint original 1927 Commercial model or something. Oh, the horror.....:eek: !!!! :mummy: !!!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I thought people stoped trying to pry out slide stops with screw drivers a long time ago - I see that a lot on older guns, mostly USGI, but geeze...kinda makes ya want to cry a little :(

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
If there was a bright side to this story at least the 1918 repro is still current production. The bonehead could've just as easily pulled that stunt on a mint original 1927 Commercial model or something. Oh, the horror.....:eek: !!!! :mummy: !!!!!
:eek::eek: AHHHHHHHHH!!!! :bawling: Make the mean man stop, Mommy....

·
Administrator
74,047 Posts
I thought people stoped trying to pry out slide stops with screw drivers a long time ago - I see that a lot on older guns, mostly USGI, but geeze...kinda makes ya want to cry a little :(
I used to have a Union Switch & Signal with screwdriver damage on the left side below the slide stop a well. I also had a 1924 Transitional with similar damage, but that pistol had enough other wear that it wasn't noticeable. I can see how many decades ago ignorant folks would do it, especially if they couldn't find an instruction manual or a nearby gunshop to tell them the right way to take a 1911 apart. But I'd have thought everybody would've figured it out by now, especially when proper disassembly instructions are just a click away on the Internet.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Why would they look for instructions, they've got a screwdriver.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Hey!

Don't you guys know that when you buy a new gun, it has to be
improved so it's an acceptable shooter?:biglaugh:

It takes a skilled hand with a dremel tool, a screwdriver and a big
hammer to do that.:confused:

I'll bet he had it apart so he could get rid of all those evil MIM parts?:barf:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I don't know guys a $699 opening bid isnt what I would call cheap. My local gunstore has one NIB for $900. I'd rather spent the extra $200 for the mint gun.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
$709 for the trainwreck 1911. Plus $35 (average shipping) and probably
another $35 in transfer fees. Total: $779.00.

Yeah, looks like the Buyer really stole that one! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
1911 smooth bore

got the 1918 colt reproduction last friday. took it home and took it apart to clean and lube. noticed that there was no rifleing in barrel. i mean NO rifling at all. smooth and shinny. called them and they told me to ship it back for repair. do you think that its worth more like a double stamped coin or misprinted postage stamp. i have never heard of this happening to anyone else, have any of you? kurt250

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Congratulations

got the 1918 colt reproduction last friday. took it home and took it apart to clean and lube. noticed that there was no rifleing in barrel. i mean NO rifling at all. smooth and shinny. called them and they told me to ship it back for repair. do you think that its worth more like a double stamped coin or misprinted postage stamp. i have never heard of this happening to anyone else, have any of you? kurt250
You are the new owner of an illegal short barrelled shotgun.SEND IT BACK.
I have heard of a couple of similar uh ohs by Colt.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Save it for Bird Season!:rock:

·
Registered
518 Posts
You are the new owner of an illegal short barrelled shotgun.SEND IT BACK.
Hmmm____ so how does Taurus get its "Judge" 410 shotshell revolver past the BATF? I guess the barrel does have some minimal form of rifling but.....

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The new Colt's Blunderbuss?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts