1911Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Here in Anchorage, Alaska our California transplanted Commie/Progressive Mayor Berkowitz is ordering gun stores to close - but made sure under his Edict that all the new Pot Stores and the Booze sellers stay open as "essential services".

Yeah, he's a hard Blue Democrat - surprise, surprise.
In my opinion this is his trying to keep the Dope smokers who elected him for his support of marijuana calm and happy (and to protect their businesses) - and to try to put under as many gun shops (who are having a tough time staying open because overall sales have been lackluster since Trump was elected (since most Alaskans have everything they need already) - thus no fear like when Obama was in charge).

We have to get active this Election Season and everyone drag at least one person you know to the polls. If everyone of us added one vote our way, the problem would be solved, nationwide. CC

·
Registered
23,140 Posts
Colonel, around here we are currently engaged at least as much as the Demos.

Here in Anchorage, Alaska our California transplanted Commie/Progressive Mayor Berkowitz is ordering gun stores to close - but made sure under his Edict that all the new Pot Stores and the Booze sellers stay open as "essential services".

Yeah, he's a hard Blue Democrat - surprise, surprise.
In my opinion this is his trying to keep the Dope smokers who elected him for his support of marijuana calm and happy (and to protect their businesses) - and to try to put under as many gun shops (who are having a tough time staying open because overall sales have been lackluster since Trump was elected (since most Alaskans have everything they need already) - thus no fear like when Obama was in charge).

We have to get active this Election Season and everyone drag at least one person you know to the polls. If everyone of us added one vote our way, the problem would be solved, nationwide. CC
While they are trying as hard as they can with registering criminals. We are attempting to register living and breathing non felons, with a view towards votting.

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts
You would think they would want them open in the hopes of gun owners catching Wuhan Flu.
The left is always ready to use a life and death crises as a means to their goals, so at first that made me smile, then I realized you are probably right!

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Various places are releasing people from jail and giving police essentially stand down orders on most things that relate to protecting people and property. So suddenly people are realizing they need the tools to protect themselves and their families at a time when the various governmental bodies they were expecting to protect them have made them targets for criminals while releasing even more criminals back on the street.

So, yeah. Gun shops just might be essential in a lot of people's minds. As the NRA lawyer pointed out. A lot of gun shops carry survival items as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We are probably the most D state in the union. Gunshops are open today but I haven't heard our fearless leader announce that gunshops are essential. Probably never will , but I will take what I can get.

BTW my lgs of choice is down to the last few boxes of .223 (Match ammo at $1 a shot) and probably the same for 9mm. They are open for "essential" purchases/transactions only, whatever that means.

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts
my lgs of choice is down to the last few boxes of .223
One possible positive for all this is that more people are rethinking reloading.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Democrats = Tories.

Treat them accordingly. Time to start getting ropes, since ammo seems to be so dear..

EDIT ---

OK, that was unkind, and the shrieking sky-screaming poltroon Democrats may interpret that as a threat.

So I'll amend my statement to this: Get the tar and feathers, *for real*. Haul them out in the streets, tar and feather them. Shame them in public, for all the world to see.

I'm through being polite and PC.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts