1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
Just wanted to make an intro. I'm another 1911 boot who will be learning the ropes of this great style of handgun. Yesterday I purchased a new TLE/RL II and naturally very excited to start hitting the range. I have 9 days and about 5 hours to go until it comes home (not that anyone is counting right). I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and have been using the search button alot. I have found answers to many questions and look forward to sharing my experiences with the group. I'm sure more question will come up as I start putting rounds down range, so I'll give it 500 rounds or so and report back with any questions, comments, and/or concerns.

Semper Fi,
Marcus

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome,

I too am a lurker here and have been for some time now.... CONGRATS on the new Kimber...I just brought mine home! I also got the Kimber TLE RLII, great thing about using it as a duty weapon, there is no waiting period! :cool:

This is a great place to learn...Hope to be talking to you soon...Tom :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats! What made you choose that model of Kimber?
I am going to pick up my Classic Gold Match in Stainless today at 3:30
I wont give ya a hard time about pics (though I would like to see them) as I wont be able to post any of my own

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tom- congrats to you too. I'm sure we'll be trading "war" stories as time goes by.

Euge- Thanks. Originally, I was going to get something close to a MEUSOC, but after a Recon friend of mine let me handle his Kimber, I knew that was what I wanted. It's been a couple of years of waiting and this past week, another friend of mine and I decided to make it happen. We both got one...he got the TLE though. I figured I'd have this for home defense and with small kids around, I already will lose some time unlocking it if something does happen. Having the light ready to rock will be one less thing to mess with. (Having a buddy who works for SureFire is also another reason...I won't lie).

We'll be going to the range and taking plenty of pics.

Semper Fi,
Marcus

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes sir, that is a nice gun you picked out! I am not an RL kinda guy but that is why there are options out there to apes everyone’s tastes. I am like your buddy the TLE SS is the one I like.

Please let us know how it goes at the range when you can and this sounds weird (because I am also new to the forum) welcome aboard. This forum has been a tremendous help to me (and I am sure it will be for you too) and loaded with priceless information of anything you could possibly want to know about the 1911. Good luck with your new gun! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts