1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friendly greetings to all of you.

I just got my first 1911 today. The slide is from Ithaca and I think the frame is Colt (S/N 2255***). I'm taking it to the range in a few hours. I let you know how it did.

Looking forward to reading your posts on this great forum.

LuckyD

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just back from the range (with a silly grin on my face). Never had more fun! I used 50 rounds of Sellier & Bellot and 50 of Fiocchi (both FMJ 230gr), without problems. Except for the mag that had some trouble chambering the first round if put 7 rounds in it. At 15 yards I had nice groups close to the 10-ring. Guess I'm going to prepare my CZ 75 and S&W .357mag for long-term storage

Ty, I just visited your site and added a link to my 'favorites'. Your collection makes me feel unworthy.

· Registered
1,223 Posts
Hey Lucky,
Always a good day when it comes to a range day, I say! Gald you liked the site. I took my Colt commander out today myself, feeling much better, need to take my old brit 45 for a spin next. Unworthy...no way, i am just another over grown boy with a few more toys

Cheers
Ty

------------------
Visit my 1911 site www.CoolGunSite.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.