1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this a couple of months back. Made it in July & grabbed the holiday tablecloth when Ms. Bear wasn't looking.

Now the background seems very appropriate.

The more I shoot it, the more I like it.

NetLar

·
Registered
285 Posts
very nicely done pistol . what grips are those bt the way , i's likes em alot.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Netlar that is still a nice 1911
how has those sights working out for you? i like the rearsights i have them on my browning hi-power,but never used the froint sights like you got. just curious.i have the cmc grips on my cd too.

Jafo,how much do you have to do befor finished you 1911 CD??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jafo, the grips are Smith & Alexander:
http://www.smithandalexander.com/grips.html

The mag well is an Ed Brown, with a 20lpi 'wedge' mainspring housing. James B, the sights work pretty good:

These are off sandbags at 22 yards. As you can see, one is 7 shots, the other is nine.

The front site is the new Hi-Viz, made for the Kimber dovetail. The rear site is a Pachmayr. It moves around a little & I don't like how it overhangs the hammer. Thinking about the McCormick like you're using. Are they adjustable?

NetLar

·
Registered
233 Posts
those are ok shot placements
i can shoot out the bottom of a coke can at 25yard

i have hade alot of practice time.

the CMC rear sights are some what adjustable,
but i didnt have to adjust them any and the froint sights wher at the perfect height for them. it hits pretty much wher you point it.

they blend in nicely with the gun and dont snag on clothing.

quick target line up,i drilled a dimple and added white paint into the froint sight .

you would be suprised at the ease of shot placements.

quick on multible targets.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Netlar,

Hi, I seem to remember you posted a list of the parts you put in (only the Ed Brown grip safety comes to mind). Would you mind reposting the list agian? Thanks!

By the way, what kind of trigger did you put in. Is that solid trigger adjustable? If not, how's the trigger pull?

·
Registered
285 Posts
James , I still want to install a Wilson ambi safety , Wilson trigger and my grip bushings , hex screws and checkered mainspring housing have been backordered . I replaced all my internal springs with some factory Colt springs just to be on the safe side . I polished the feed ramp area a little to appese my personal taste as it fed perfectly . I would just leaver the single side Colt safety on it that I fitted to it but there are some scratches on the frame from the rt. side safty rubbing so I will probably put the Wilson ambi in to cover it up. Sort of like us Gov. types to cover stuff up Huh . Just a joke man. After that I am going to install some nice coccobolo or similar grips . Right now one of the factory bushings comes out when you remove the grips which is the ONLY PROBLEM I have had weth the Gun . As I sais it rides the beat every night and has worked like a charm . Mine has the factory Novak copy rear and dovetailed front . Anyone know what sights replace the front , possibly a night site as I work nights mostly . ????????????????????????????I am carrying off Duty in one of my own companies Sharkskin holster , mag and belt setups and also I made one in tan leather with white thread and I have two differant IWB holsters a Wilson Covert Companion and a Rafter S Gunleather IWB . Rafter S Gunleather is my part time deal .

------------------
S.L. Caldwell
Leathercrafter
Rafter S Gunleather 417-277-5636
www.raftersgunleather.com

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
> Malmon wrote:

> Netlar,

> Hi, I seem to remember you posted a list of > the parts you put in (only the Ed Brown
> grip safety comes to mind). Would you mind > reposting the list agian? Thanks!

Uh, from memory:

Ed Brown:
'wedge' mainspring housing (Grip safety is CD factory, modified to work w/ the MSH).
firing pin & stop
extractor
pin set
sear & disconnector
hammer

Wolff
18lb recoil spring & lightened mainspring

> By the way, what kind of trigger did you > put in. Is that solid trigger adjustable?
> If not, how's the trigger pull?

The trigger is a Pachmayr. Yep it's adjustable. The pull is crisp at 3.75-4lbs.

Sorry for not replying sooner, just came back from four days straight at the airfield. No email, no time.

NetLar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts