1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have two presses both a Dillion 550B and a old RCBS junior. My experience has been that I make better ammo on my single stage junior. Now that is because I meter and check and weigh every round on the single stage and am meticulous on all the steps. I have been loading benchrest ammo for about 20 yrs, and been playing with wildcats for most of that.

I am split between households for work reasons and don't spend a lot of my time in my permanent house so I am away from my loading room.

My oldest is buying his dear old Dad another press for Xmas and I am in a indecision mode. I could get another Dillion ( did I say he is a very GOOD son ? ) but I am looking at a turret head also. The amount of rounds I shoot are around 600-800 a month. I am discounting the 9mm ammo I use as at I don't see quite the economic reasons to load that, and am really only willing to reload premium 9. I will be loading 45 ACP, 45 Long Colt, 41 Mag, 38 Super, and 10mm. Don't use the 45 LC much any more but I use about equal amounts of the other three 40 calibers. If I ever get any more time free from work I am planning on doubling my shooting time as I am considering Bullseye Match (Perry=dream).

But to sum it up I want to load match grade ammo most of the time, and 500 rounds per hour isn't important, as I can't weigh each round ( I weigh my brass also ). But on occasion I would like to load around 100-150 a hour.

So any suggestions, I notice Redding has the T-7, and I like the Ponsness/Warren Metallic II. Anybody had experiences with either one of these presses. Both of these companies have excellent reputations in the Benchrest community.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use a RCBS ammo master to load pistol, but a few months back I bought a Redding T-7 to work up loads for rifle. Its a great press. Its very heavy duty and will last a life time. If you are looking at turret presses thats the one. If you are interested in what other people think about that press, read the reviews that people have posted about it on midwayusa.com
I looked at all the reviews about the different turret presses and I was sold with the redding. It has 7 holes in the top to put several different dies. The cheapest place I found to buy it was midsouthshooterssupply. It was $168. You will not be sorry for getting this press. I love mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts