1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Wow... a study out of... Illinois... you know where Chicaco is... the Murder Capital of the world... with the strictest gun laws...

And... Ooo... conveniently there's a picture of Obama and "gun reform"...

Isn't that a HUGE coincidence?

Naw... this COULDN'T possibly be more manipulated Political BS now would it?

Naww... its not a backwards attempt at gun banning is it?

Naww... never...

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I really think its time to just start saying... no you can't have the guns... regardless of how much you lie, cheat and manipulate just to do it.

Gun control is a massive, repeated, consistent failure... and a failure around the world too. Not just a failure in the US.

Time to give it up.. you're just going to get more people victimized and killed with useless gun control that makes the situation worse... not better.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
According to the study... "The No. 1 cause of on-the-job death for police is motor vehicle accidents."

So just ban cars, or police cars at least. If they weren't driving their cars, they wouldn't be getting killed in motor vehicle accidents, would they?

Did the study ever try to link the guns to the buyers and determine how many of the police killings were perpetrated by people (criminals) who weren't the original gun buyers? Did the study try to link the amount of stolen guns to the shootings? Did they try to determine how many of the shooters were felons who should have already been locked up? Lotsa holes and unanswered questions in that study. Goes to show ya - studies, surveys and statistics can be manipulated to result in any conclusion you want.

·
Administrator
73,095 Posts
Wow... a study out of... Illinois... you know where Chicaco is... the Murder Capital of the world... with the strictest gun laws...
No, no... you've got it wrong. Chicago is the city with the highest number of gun owners. The antis said so. Apparently as far as they're concerned six-time convicted felon Michael J. Gangbanger counts as a fellow gun owner just like you and me.

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
I really think its time to just start saying... no you can't have the guns... regardless of how much you lie, cheat and manipulate just to do it.

Gun control is a massive, repeated, consistent failure... and a failure around the world too. Not just a failure in the US.

Time to give it up.. you're just going to get more people victimized and killed with useless gun control that makes the situation worse... not better.
You're saying it a lot nicer than I do.

I guess I'm just getting too old and too crotchety and too aggravated to be nice to t hose who would take away my Constitutional Rights and make me a Subject rather than a Citizen.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
How about this study: the more liberal the city government , the higher the crime rate? Now that's a study with a pre-determined conclusion I'd like the see. I'm just plain tied of be lumped in with the criminals just because I own a firearm. Grrrrr.............

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Did the study ever try to link the guns to the buyers and determine how many of the police killings were perpetrated by people (criminals) who weren't the original gun buyers?
Quite a few years ago, i think there were 3 Chicago police officers shot in one summer? In the outrage, the gun tracing began. Two of those 3 guns were last legally owned by Chicago police. I haven't heard much about gun tracing around Chicago since. Except for attempts to shut down gun stores near Chicago claiming certain stores sold too many guns recovered in crimes.

·
Administrator
73,095 Posts
The notoriously anti-gun British news outlet The Guardian posted this as well, and the ball is being carried by MSN to no surprise: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hi...-police-officer-deaths-study-shows/ar-BBlKMmv

If one Montana cop gets killed in a town of 500 then it's one officer death per 500 people, versus two cops getting killed in New York City which is one per 2.2 million. That's how they get these phony statistics.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Can we go easy with the ellipsis use there Facebook? Unless you are omitting text out of the sentence the punctuation you want is called a comma.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
How about this study: the more liberal the city government , the higher the crime rate? Now that's a study with a pre-determined conclusion I'd like the see. I'm just plain tied of be lumped in with the criminals just because I own a firearm. Grrrrr.............
I'm all up for that one... because generally that is usually what you find...

And interestingly enough... that one surprisingly wouldn't even be that much of a manipulation...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Based on the last paragraph relating to background checks, IL must be one of the safest states in the Union. Every legal sale can only be made to a FOID holder who has had a background check. Knowing this, I feel so much safer when I'm in Chicago, or maybe it's CCL in my pocket and my Kahr on my hip that makes me feel safer.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
I come here to cheer myself up and to reassure myself that I have nothing to worry about when it comes to my rights........

·
Administrator
73,095 Posts
Based on the last paragraph relating to background checks, IL must be one of the safest states in the Union. Every legal sale can only be made to a FOID holder who has had a background check. Knowing this, I feel so much safer when I'm in Chicago, or maybe it's CCL in my pocket and my Kahr on my hip that makes me feel safer.
Are CCL holders allowed to venture into Chicago with their firearms now?

·
Registered
343 Posts
NBCNEWS- Maggie Fox , and your Not Astounded ?

Now lets manipulate the numbers , the way the MSM does , the most crime ridden areas are the ones that are controlled by the most Liberal Government Elected Officials , IE: Baltimore .........St. Louis.....I could go on but I don't think it's necessary for the sake of this discussion , CRIMINALS with guns that they got by theft or by other means that are probably not approved by any body even on this site are doing these deeds .

Now don't get me started on the Terrorists Muslims that kill our Officers and Military , and our Liberal and Inept Government Officials do not even know how to identify them verbally . In GUN FREE ZONES no less where there are not supposed to be guns at all according to these Brilliant Officials and Brilliant Journalists . Report that Maggie !

·
Registered
772 Posts
"If we're interested in protecting police officers, we need to look at WHAT'S killing them, and what's killing them is guns," says Swedler.
Need to look at WHO is killing them and WHERE they are being killed - that's the real story. My speculation: the fraction killed by those with legally owned guns is a tiny fraction of the total. Over 15 years, 515 police killed by handguns. Thats about 34 per year. While zero would be a preferred number, 34 is very low in a population of 320 million in what most consider a dangerous occupation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts