1911Forum banner
261 - 269 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Meanwhile at my daughter's college:

Police: Embry-Riddle student planned mass shooting on campus before winter break

So this kid is going to a private university (read: not exactly cheap) with a strong military student body and smart people (future rocket scientists, if you will). I don't know what to think about this close-call for at least some of the students and faculty. Glad daughter is planning to come home Sunday for break. I jokingly asked her what piece she plans to take back with her for protection. :cool:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Just wondering,... how many of these demented children would have the mental capability of grasping a lawful action, of declaring them Domestic Terrorist?

Then, show them the video of the terrorist shot down in Israel, so they know what society has in store for them.

Hell, our marxist government representatives want to classify Parents, at School Board Meetings, as Terrorists,... why not psycho killer children, as well?

My guess, it could deter a few,... the few that aren't on a suicide mission!

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
Just wondering,... how many of these demented children would have the mental capability of grasping a lawful action, of declaring them Domestic Terrorist?

Then, show them the video of the terrorist shot down in Israel, so they know what society has in store for them.

Hell, our marxist government representatives want to classify Parents, at School Board Meetings, as Terrorists,... why not psycho killer children, as well?

My guess, it could deter a few,... the few that aren't on a suicide mission!
So true.

With the following comment, I’m merely showing a cause-effect relationship, nothing more:

There is very little theft, robbery, assault crime in those places in the world where criminals are punished by removing body parts…in a public square. This is something that’s fairly easy for even the dullest of persons to comprehend.

On the other hand, catch and release merely creates a more experienced thug, someone who has gone through a rite of passage.

·
Registered
924 Posts
We just t had a mistrial here in Broward, of a murder case. Suspect is black youth, teenager when he killed a lady. It was more gruesome than just that.

Anyway.. jury foreman had to disagree with the verdict. People couldn't / wouldn't understand judge's directions. Foreman flat-out said "3 of the jurors wouldn't send a young black man to life in prison no matter what the facts of the case were." Foreman wanted to agree with murder, but jury decided to "compromise" into manslaughter and then foreman recanted when judge asked. I'm actually heartened by that person's courage, but completely nauseated by the jury's thought, the line I bolded above.

The judge declared a mistrial.

It's not just the DAs. It's the man on the street now, baying for blood, for "social justice."

This made me madder than anything in the past few days.

·
Premium Member
9,891 Posts
Meanwhile at my daughter's college:

Police: Embry-Riddle student planned mass shooting on campus before winter break

So this kid is going to a private university (read: not exactly cheap) with a strong military student body and smart people (future rocket scientists, if you will). I don't know what to think about this close-call for at least some of the students and faculty. Glad daughter is planning to come home Sunday for break. I jokingly asked her what piece she plans to take back with her for protection. :cool:
I also saw that on local TV. I am also not sure what to make of it, whether he actually had a plan in mind, or whether he was a gun enthusiast and was posting really idiotic off-the-cuff non-sense to impress others. Hard to tell because the media exaggerates things and gets facts wrong. He wasn't caught at the school campus, but at his apartment, and the back-pack he was using was actually his range bag. But he is guilty of making really stupid posts about buying a folding rifle to conceal in his back-pack and take to school and commit the next Columbine.

The local media, Channel 10 out of Miami is calling the weapon a "pistol" that converts into a rifle trying to create the impression it was some sort of illegal NFA firearm. LOL, its Keltec Sub2000 2nd generation. Its technically a 'pistol-caliber folding carbine'. Pistol caliber doesn't mean its a pistol, it means its chambered in a round normally used in handguns. Its a long gun... a rifle plain and simple. The ATF allows that designation as a rifle because the barrel is 16 inches long and the break-point for the folding stock is the breech face and is inoperable in the folded position.

Then to add to media idiocy and lack of firearms knowledge, the national parent company, ABC called the weapon a "High Powered Rifle"... LOL. A 9mm 'pistol caliber' carbine is the furthest thing from a high powered rifle.

·
Premium Member
7,277 Posts
I also saw that on local TV. I am also not sure what to make of it, whether he actually had a plan in mind, or whether he was a gun enthusiast and was posting really idiotic off-the-cuff non-sense to impress others. Hard to tell because the media exaggerates things and gets facts wrong. He wasn't caught at the school campus, but at his apartment, and the back-pack he was using was actually his range bag. But he is guilty of making really stupid posts about buying a folding rifle to conceal in his back-pack and take to school and commit the next Columbine.

The local media, Channel 10 out of Miami is calling the weapon a "pistol" that converts into a rifle trying to create the impression it was some sort of illegal NFA firearm. LOL, its Keltec Sub2000 2nd generation. Its technically a 'pistol-caliber folding carbine'. Pistol caliber doesn't mean its a pistol, it means its chambered in a round normally used in handguns. Its a long gun... a rifle plain and simple. The ATF allows that designation as a rifle because the barrel is 16 inches long and the break-point for the folding stock is the breech face and is inoperable in the folded position.

Then to add to media idiocy and lack of firearms knowledge, the national parent company, ABC called the weapon a "High Powered Rifle"... LOL. A 9mm 'pistol caliber' carbine is the furthest thing from a high powered rifle.
Similar thoughts about the boy's actual danger occurred to me ... but making threat with the means to carry it out: stupid.

Most of the firearm writing is incompetence ... reading reporting on the "Rust" shooting has finally allowed me to master Hanlon's Razor. But ... powers that B at ABC would call my Tippman a high-powered rifle. Malice and stupidity are not mutually exclusive.

261 - 269 of 269 Posts