1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the postings in this group (GI) for some time now. I am very impressed with what I have read. So yesterday, I placed my order for Consecutive Serial Numbered, No Name Commanders in 9mm and 45 ACP. Only options I added were Round Butt, Flush Cut and Deep Crown Barrel, Flush Cut Slide Stop and Chamfer Frame, Extra Fitted and Tuned Extractor, Melonite Finish. I will be like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

I had few 1911s before that I regrettably sold. Springfield Professional, Rock River Arms Tactical Gov't model, Les Baer TRS. The only 1911 I have left is a Rock River Arms Commander (bob-tailed).

Looking forward to this build. These pistols will be handed down to my son, when the time come.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have been looking at the postings in this group (GI) for some time now. I am very impressed with what I have read. So yesterday, I placed my order for Consecutive Serial Numbered, No Name Commanders in 9mm and 45 ACP. Only options I added were Round Butt, Flush Cut and Deep Crown Barrel, Flush Cut Slide Stop and Chamfer Frame, Extra Fitted and Tuned Extractor, Melonite Finish. I will be like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

I had few 1911s before that I regrettably sold. Springfield Professional, Rock River Arms Tactical Gov't model, Les Baer TRS. The only 1911 I have left is a Rock River Arms Commander (bob-tailed).

Looking forward to this build. These pistols will be handed down to my son, when the time come.
Welcome to the GI family.
Very nice "present" to yourself. The wait will be well worth it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Good choices to start off with.

The wait will be just long enough to think about which one(s) are next.

-Ray

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is part of the reason I am having these built. I hope my son will shoot and take care of it, then pass it on to his sons, someday.

OP, these will eventually go to your great-great-great-great grandsons.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly 6 weeks and 2 days. Was originally quoted 6-8 weeks by GCI. I got an email yesterday saying both pistols are done. Sent my final payment today. It will be a very long week next week.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Hmm, my NNC was at John's yesterday also. Maybe they batch, mine was only 4 weeks to the day.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congratulations - excellent choice!

Nice quiet afternoon at the range with my Molon Labe No Name Commander. Very relaxing :)

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't find the edit function. So, I will just add the pictures. They arrived!!! Fit and finish is great. They built the pistols EXACTLY how I ordered them. Felt like a solid piece of metal. Kudos to the folks at GCI. This will be a great addition to my one and only 1911 (Bob Tail RRA). Here they are.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Now that's a good day! Congrats!!! Please continue to share your experiences here in this sub-forum. We need more range reports around here!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You have no idea how long today was at work. It felt like the day will never end. Knowing the package has been delivered around lunch time didn't make it easier.

stlgecko, I saw your FRAG picture in the picture thread. That thing is sexy.

I will post some dirty pictures as soon as I can take these fine pistols to the range.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Great choice. Congrats

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
My NNC is on it's way to my FFL, so, hopefully, ready for next Saturday.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts