1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new surefire for christmas and I was wondering if anyone has an article on the Rogers/SureFire technique , or a place that has an indepth discussion of what that is ?

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Surefires/Rogers technique is when the shooter grasps the flashlight in between his "pointer finger" and middle finger, like smoking a cigar, in his off hand. THen he attempts to use that hand as support for his dominant hand firing the gun, like a normal two handed firing grip. The flaslight must have a momentary switch on the butt, which you use your offhand palm to activate.

I hope you can understand my chicken scratch:rolleyes:

Edit: I find the Harries technique to be faster, with a stronger grip on the light. However, the Surefire/Rogers technique has its merit, especially when shooting around cover. Also, I find that the SF technique is easy when using my Z2, but when trying it with a friends 6p, I dropped it during recoil due to the lack of grip ring :(

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehehe yes I can, I was just wondering if there is an indepth article about that ..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Oh:D :D

Well if you pick up this years issue of Guns & Ammo/Surefire's "Combat Tactics" Its got an article by Massad Ayoob on the different flashlight holds.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet!!!!!!!!!! thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts