1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Buy ad space in a publication is expensive, buy air time and advertise on TV costs big bucks, start some wild rumor on the web, free. Posting an opinion either way is just giving someone more free advertising.

My $0.02
Grumpy

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
Someone it’s best to not comment at all. I believe this is one of those times because ask it can accomplish is to upset a bunch of consumers and drive them to competitors.
Liquor Company Asks Consumers Not to Buy Its ‘Rittenhouse Rye’ Brand To Celebrate Kyle Rittenhouse Verdict

https://www.dailywire.com/news/liqu...e-brand-to-celebrate-kyle-rittenhouse-verdict
From the article, quoting 'Heaven Hill': "... profound loss of life ..."

... now, I suppose there is superficial loss of life; perhaps even run-of-the-mill loss of life. None of those would I apply to loss of human life; excluding "profound" as its use implies the others.

Concur, 'Heaven Hill' ought to learn: Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

If they wanted to dissociate from Kyle Rittenhouse, they could have quietly changed the branding to 'Dilworth Rye' or 'Logan Rye' and nobody would've known the difference.

ed. There's already a "Mt. Logan Rye"; so not very likely as a prospect.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
You've had nothing until you've had Havanajim's Black-Strap Molasses Rum!!!! A family recipe dating back to 1716 - Port Royal. Ancestor settled there, fleeing from both the Spanish and Royal Navies and, after some reflection, decided it was exponentially safer to pickle pirate livers than to actually be a pirate! It's the family motto, in fact! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. If I ever distill any, well, the interweb legend will well precede the product!!! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
You've had nothing until you've had Havanajim's Black-Strap Molasses Rum!!!! A family recipe dating back to 1716 - Port Royal. Ancestor settled there, fleeing from both the Spanish and Royal Navies and, after some reflection, decided it was exponentially safer to pickle pirate livers than to actually be a pirate! It's the family motto, in fact! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. If I ever distill any, well, the interweb legend will well precede the product!!! :whistle::whistle::whistle:
tease
;- j

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It could have been a marketing ploy.
I did not know there was such a whiskey until now .....and now I want to buy some.
Any publicity is good publicity
Builder
I’ll save you some time and expense. Bulleit Rye is much better at the price point. Rittenhouse Rye taste like Heaven Hill Whisky steeped in lawn clippings. No spice, no nuance, just a weird Chardonnay grassy flavor. In brown vodka.

Reactions: X62503 and mdell49

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
If the Company was actually angry about the association with the trial, they would pull it off the market until things died down. Does anyone wish to wager they have workers on overtime bottling extra to meet the demand they think they will drum up?

My $0.02
Grumpy

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
If the Company was actually angry about the association with the trial, they would pull it off the market until things died down. Does anyone wish to wager they have workers on overtime bottling extra to meet the demand they think they will drum up?

My $0.02
Grumpy
Playing both sides against the middle? hmmm ... Maybe.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm a Buffalo Trace guy. Given Heaven Hill's history, meaning after the fire, I would not think they turned WOKE. If our bourbon companies have turned, we are in deep do do.

·
Registered
600 Posts
That’s funny that they wanna tell you how to drink what you’ve paid for. I’ll just avoid their brands.
  • Cabin Still Bourbon
  • Echo Spring Bourbon
  • Elijah Craig Bourbon
  • Evan Williams Bourbon
  • Fighting Cock Bourbon
  • Heaven Hill Bourbon
  • Henry McKenna Bourbon
  • J.T.S. Brown Bourbon
  • J.W. Dant Bourbon
  • Kentucky Straight Bourbon
  • Kentucky Supreme Bourbon
  • Larceny Bourbon
  • Old Fitzgerald Bourbon
  • Private Cellar
  • Parkers Heritage Collection
  • T.W. Samuels Bourbon
  • Virgin Bourbon

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm a Buffalo Trace guy. Given Heaven Hill's history, meaning after the fire, I would not think they turned WOKE. If our bourbon companies have turned, we are in deep do do.
Buffalo Trace is excellent. They have a bottle called Benchmark 8 that retails around $10. At $30 it would be a steal.

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
That’s funny that they wanna tell you how to drink what you’ve paid for. I’ll just avoid their brands.
  • Cabin Still Bourbon
  • Echo Spring Bourbon
  • Elijah Craig Bourbon
  • Evan Williams Bourbon
  • Fighting Cock Bourbon
  • Heaven Hill Bourbon
  • Henry McKenna Bourbon
  • J.T.S. Brown Bourbon
  • J.W. Dant Bourbon
  • Kentucky Straight Bourbon
  • Kentucky Supreme Bourbon
  • Larceny Bourbon
  • Old Fitzgerald Bourbon
  • Private Cellar
  • Parkers Heritage Collection
  • T.W. Samuels Bourbon
  • Virgin Bourbon
Ahhh ... thanks.

Don't often myself drink Bourbon ... but Chris Morris talked me into trying his. Once-in-a-while, the bottle drains out and must be replaced. Good to see his not on the list.

Reactions: Colt Carson

·
Registered
26,198 Posts
How well does it stand up to Goslings Black Seal or Barbancourt?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts