Registered
2,170 Posts
meh. Levi Strause is
offering counciling sessions for it's employees over the verdict. Scroom

Reactions: johnnyguns

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you guys keep this up, you won't be buying anything.
I think it's interesting that we all tell them to just do their job and not virtue signal but we will dig and dig (not that you have to) until we find something that offends us so we can cancel them.
IDGAF what anyone's position on anything is, if they sell a product I want, I buy it.
You guys can vote with your $$ and believe you're changing someone's mind, I'll buy what I want.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If you guys keep this up, you won't be buying anything.
I think it's interesting that we all tell them to just do their job and not virtue signal but we will dig and dig (not that you have to) until we find something that offends us so we can cancel them.
IDGAF what anyone's position on anything is, if they sell a product I want, I buy it.
You guys can vote with your $$ and believe you're changing someone's mind, I'll buy what I want.
It wasn’t much of a scrounge. They made a public statement when they could have said nothing and been better off.

Reactions: chrysanthemum

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
I'm a Buffalo Trace guy. Given Heaven Hill's history, meaning after the fire, I would not think they turned WOKE. If our bourbon companies have turned, we are in deep do do.
Makers Mark announced this week they are going to produce a bottle honoring a social justice effort.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
It could have been a marketing ploy.
I did not know there was such a whiskey until now .....and now I want to buy some.
Any publicity is good publicity
If it's a marketing ploy, then it's stupid one. Why would anyone want to patronize a company as stupid as that? Give'em what they're asking for and don't buy any of their products.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Almost nothing “offends” me. If I can just as easily give my money to companies who AREN’T screaming about taking away my rights, that’s what I’ll do. I won’t go without. If people want to fund that, go ahead it’s a free country. For now anyway.
Would you please show where they said they want to take away our rights. I didn't read that anywhere in that article.
Seriously.

·
Registered
221 Posts
IMO the best Kentucky bourbon for the money is Evan Williams. I enjoy some every night and don't plan to stop buying it because of some statement from a stupid CEO.

·
Premium Member
Prefer Commanders
988 Posts
45 years ago I had a bet with my best friend I could out drink him and I got Rittenhouse Rye..... I won and still remember it.....The best friend died long ago. Not my rejoicing liqueur.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
If I feel a marketing message is little more than a publicity stunt that condescendingly plays to what the company thinks is a not-too-smart consumer, then I will take note of that intention.

I’ll remember.; it will be part of my present and future perceptions of that company and its products.

·
Registered
591 Posts
So you're not going to answer the question? Ok.
I thought I did…
If a company is asking 2nd Amendment supporters NOT to buy their product, that is sending a message and telling me where they stand. They should have just said nothing. You are free to spend your money as you please, and it doesn’t bother me how you spend it. Some people seem to be very bothered by people who choose to funnel their money away from these companies who want to be social justice warriors. It’s like they don’t feel ok about giving their money to leftist companies, unless everyone else is doing it also. I certainly won’t go without, but if I can just as easily spend my money with a company who just wants to sell their products, that’s what I’ll do. The same goes with Chinese merchandise vs USA made.
This liquor company didn’t print in black and white that they hate guns, but it’s clear to me where they stand. Rather than do the research looking up their possible political donations, I’ll just purchase other products.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I thought I did…
If a company is asking 2nd Amendment supporters NOT to buy their product, that is sending a message and telling me where they stand. They should have just said nothing. You are free to spend your money as you please, and it doesn’t bother me how you spend it. Some people seem to be very bothered by people who choose to funnel their money away from these companies who want to be social justice warriors. It’s like they don’t feel ok about giving their money to leftist companies, unless everyone else is doing it also. I certainly won’t go without, but if I can just as easily spend my money with a company who just wants to sell their products, that’s what I’ll do. The same goes with Chinese merchandise vs USA made.
This liquor company didn’t print in black and white that they hate guns, but it’s clear to me where they stand. Rather than do the research looking up their possible political donations, I’ll just purchase other products.
Lol! Ok.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts