21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
So is that why AR-15s with a pistol grip are banned in California but the ones with that goofy Space Cadet stock aren't? I guess CA residents have been so much safer ever since they took those evil, lethal pistol grips off the streets.
They are currently trying to ban thumb hole stocks, and "featureless" guns now. The Mini 14 and many milsurp semi autos may be on the chopping block soon.

·
Super Moderator
71,877 Posts
They are currently trying to ban thumb hole stocks, and "featureless" guns now. The Mini 14 and many milsurp semi autos may be on the chopping block soon.
We are fast approaching the day when at least one state will completely outlaw all semi-automatic firearms regardless of type or features.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Technically speaking this clown is not too far off the mark. :biglaugh:

If one "holds" a gun in a "certain" manner it does become an assault weapon aka "it is being used to assault someone." (Held by the grip and pointed in the direction of the victim.)

If one were to hold said gun by the barrel, in an unloaded condition and pointing in a safe direction, (say as in packing it up for travel); it would not become an assault weapon. :biglaugh: :confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I vote that we award whomever popularized that particular way of holding a gun on TV and in the movies with a lifetime humanitarian achievement award. Think about it: had they actually taught people to aim using the sights, many more people would have been killed and/or wounded by people trying to shoot at them using - and I'm guessing here - the safety as an aiming tool.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I always forget: are they assault weapons when we don't hold our pinkie fingers in the air like the truly genteel, or is it the other way around?

·
Premium Member
7,670 Posts
We are fast approaching the day when at least one state will completely outlaw all semi-automatic firearms regardless of type or features.
Well, let’s make sure that we have many states that won’t. We are the people!
We were given a directive by the founding fathers, nowhere did it say that we should compromise that which they gave us. We are armed men dang it, we need to act like it.

·
Administrator
18,574 Posts
Well, let’s make sure that we have many states that won’t. We are the people!
We were given a directive by the founding fathers, nowhere did it say that we should compromise that which they gave us. We are armed men dang it, we need to act like it.
Exactly. It's called direct civil disobedience. It's called Molon Labe. You can't take away something from free men that never belonged to you to begin with. The very idea of that is hateful and anathema to all things American. It's actually quite simple when you think about it.

·
Administrator
10,852 Posts
N.B. The 2nd Amendment grants no rights. It merely states that the government will not try to infringe on your preexisting inalienable rights.
Repealing or ignoring the 2nd Amendment takes away no rights; it just serves notice that your government has become the type of government that DOES try to take away your preexisting inalienable rights.
The name for such governments is tyrannies.

·
Administrator
18,574 Posts
^^^Spot on.

·
Registered
292 Posts
N.B. The 2nd Amendment grants no rights. It merely states that the government will not try to infringe on your preexisting inalienable rights.
Repealing or ignoring the 2nd Amendment takes away no rights; it just serves notice that your government has become the type of government that DOES try to take away your preexisting inalienable rights.
Hit the nail right on the head

·
Registered
503 Posts
That is correct and sooner than we think. Here is my thought process on that (think bump stocks). The government says I can legally purchase a semi-automatic firearm and then wants to confiscate it. You allowed me to purchase it and it is mine now. The government will get it when I want them to have it and not before.

·
Registered
129 Posts
"The schools are dumbing down America." I hate to break it to you but that has been going on for over 40 years now and is the main reason the Democrats haven't been drug out in the streets and beaten to death. Americans are not only "dumbed down" - they are completely unaware and unconcerned that they are being sold down the river. Most Americans care more about the Super Bowl than they do their country.
I'll add to that by saying "Most Americans care more about money than their Constitutional enumerated rights".

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I'll add to that by saying "Most Americans care more about money than their Constitutional enumerated rights".
Pretty much. We have tolerated a lot just because of prosperity. Once the economy finally hits the fan and money becomes worthless, it won't be pretty.

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
Best post defining all the rights in the BoR in quite some time.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts