1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the process of checkering a mainspring housing/backstrap today and while I was "on my way" there (taking some steel off to reduce overall grip girth), I decided to experiment a bit with the extra metal I was removing. I wound up kinda liking the looks of this, wondered if anybody else though there was any potential. It does not offer as much stickshun as sharp checkering, and, yes, it could be done the other way (90 degrees rotated). Next time I'm doing this I'll try it again only deeper with the verticals and/or double the frequency. It lends itself to being carried up onto the hump on the grip safety too.

[This message has been edited by Ned Christiansen (edited 08-16-2001).]

· Registered
901 Posts
Very cool Ned... Not sure how that might do with lined jackets, and other concealment garments, but it certainly would provide some "Stickshun"

I might be interested in giving this a try...

· Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it would probably be kinder and gentler to lined jackets, it's sorta benign compared to some checkering.

I don't think it's too deep for the frontstrap although I didn't really pay attention to the depth. I'm pretty sure it's .020 or less. I'll ask my Kardassian armorer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.