1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the tac elite, but are there any made without the stainless triggers? kinda like the black trigger on the cqb with that color combo...

·
Registered
544 Posts
I used to like the painted triggers however, that is usually the first "wear point" on the gun. They quickly show scratches, usually on one side and make a newer gun look old.

I had the paint removed from my all gray Tactical Elite for that reason and like it better.

I still see some painted triggers out there and if you find that you gotta have one, send it in and Wilson's will paint it.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
BM:
CYA is correct. The AT on the trigger (in certain areas), is the first thing that will wear (scratch) off...thus for some, a little unappealing. Therefore, you'll notice that Wilson doesn't AT the triggers on any of their high-end pistols. That doesn't mean to say that you can't order one with the trigger AT'd in the color of your choice...just unlikely that you will find one with an AT Trigger at your local Wilson Dealer (unless it was ordered that way).

·
Registered
346 Posts
CYA said:
I used to like the painted triggers however, that is usually the first "wear point" on the gun. They quickly show scratches, usually on one side and make a newer gun look old.
I used to like them also, until the black AT trigger really started to look like $%!#.

I sent mine to Wilson and had the AT removed.....at no cost. Looks much better imo.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Wilson removed the AT finish on my CQB trigger as well. Never was fond of a black trigger.. Now I'm trying to warm up to a green frame.

·
Registered
459 Posts
hd,
That's a nice looking pistol. Stll not a fan of black triggers of for that matter the external extractor ut that seems the way of the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts