1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, Any chance we'll see an all steel CCO from DW? I would love to get an all steel CCO, or SS for that matter, in .38 Super. Any scuttlebutt out there? Or, is GI going to get my $$? :bawling:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for saving me the dime. I won't bother begging and pleading then. Just have to move some more dusty old guns to stay under the wire with the boss. :)

Too bad, DW sure would make a nice one I'm sure.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've asked in the past and it's a no go. GI should get your money though anyways.
LB is an option for an all steel CCO chambered in 38 Super, as well.

DW can be peculiar at times, IMO. A while back, I inquired about a custom pistol chambered in 9x23 Win. No dice. I even offered to furnish the reamer and gauges but they were not receptive. They were polite in declining, which is their prerogative; just thought it odd that they chamber 9mm Luger and 38 Super, yet 9x23 Win. was a definitive thumbs-down.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping to save myself a couple bucks. I actually did just pick up a GI CCO in .45 from a guy whose name I can not speak... :)

Was just trying to keep it DW related in this sub forum. Too bad they don't make one, Valor quality CCO in .38 Super, come on , who doesn't think that would be sweet? :rock: Oh, forgot to mention, Super stingers are pretty rare these days without those ROLO sights.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Duh, I guess that's what you get when you don't read the whole post.

Bob

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
LB is an option for an all steel CCO chambered in 38 Super, as well.

DW can be peculiar at times, IMO. A while back, I inquired about a custom pistol chambered in 9x23 Win. No dice. I even offered to furnish the reamer and gauges but they were not receptive. They were polite in declining, which is their prerogative; just thought it odd that they chamber 9mm Luger and 38 Super, yet 9x23 Win. was a definitive thumbs-down.
DW is not a custom house. They will mix and match the options they offer, but custom caliber is not their thing.

Can hardly blame them, as they have to warranty the firearm, and since your request would be a one off, they could run into difficulties should something run amiss.

Why not have one of the many competent smiths on this site fit a 9x23 to an existing DW pistol?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DW is not a custom house. They will mix and match the options they offer, but custom caliber is not their thing.

Can hardly blame them, as they have to warranty the firearm, and since your request would be a one off, they could run into difficulties should something run amiss.

Why not have one of the many competent smiths on this site fit a 9x23 to an existing DW pistol?
No blame from me, just would have enjoyed one. I'll be sticking to .38 Super though. Contemplating a copy of that "Avenger" pistol I saw here though.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Have them build you what you want in 9 mm and ream it to 9x23.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts