1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
717 Posts
Although I love metal-framed pistols, with polymer pistols representing a tiny fraction of my overall collection, the various standard-production metal-framed S&Ws just never sang to me in any way. I’m definitely glad they were made — and I wish they were still being made — but handling and shooting them just never gave me even the slightest urge to buy one.

On the other hand, the flagship steel-framed pistols from the Performance Center (when the PC was much more than a lame marketing gimmick) are some of my favorite handguns of all time.

· Registered
717 Posts
I did not say they looked alike,
I didn't say you did, and my comment was not in reference solely to external appearances.

if you look at those two, all of the mechanicals are in the same place.
Except they're not.

Takedown is completely different. Are you able to remove the slide on a Model 59 without removing the slide stop as on the Tisas? Where is the separate takedown lever of the Tisas on the Model 59?

Trigger bar and disconnector designs are completely different.

Internally, the locking systems are completely different. Where is the Model 59's upper radial locking lug on the barrel and radial lug recess in the slide on the Tisas? Where is the Tisas' SIG Sauer-style (or Webley & Scott .455 Self-Loading Pistol Mk. I-style) squared lug that locks up with the ejection port on the Model 59? Where is the Model 59's cam-and-ramp locking system on the Tisas? Where is the Tisas' more conventional single lower lug and cam locking system on the Model 59? Where is the Model 59's barrel bushing on the Tisas?

Even if you're limited to comparing the exteriors, I really have no idea how you conclude that the Model 59 and any of the Tisas Zigana variants have much in common aside from being double-stack DA/SA 9mm semi-autos with slide-mounted safety/decockers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts