1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a line on a Delta 10mm but know nothing about them . It would be a package with Dillon dies, brass, gun etc.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Depends on the deal I suppose and the price.

I love the Delta, I just had a custom build done on mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just gotta be careful what rounds you choose. Super hot loads are a no go. My delta is my carry, for now. I really love it, but I'm considering something smaller for carry. I'll always keep it, it's fun to shoot and pretty to look at (now that I ditched that awful rubber wrap around grip). I would recommend a new grip safety. A duck bill with a full load 10mm can really wear down the web in your hand. The drop in from Wilson fit mine well enough without sanding. I'm sure those with a keen eye might insist on a better fit, but it's more than ok for me.

For a 1911 10mm, I recommend it. But if you gotta have the nuclear rounds, you might consider some other brands and models.

·
Registered
522 Posts
What you waiting for…love my Deltas. As FORK notes, the Wilson drop in beavertail works like a charm.

·
Registered
23,194 Posts
Yes. I also replaced the wrap around rubber grips on my 1990 Delta Gold Cup with some stocks I ordered from Altamont. Colt was still grooving the front of the frame on Gold Cups at that time and why cover it up?

And looking at the front. Comparing it to a 1988 SS GCNM in 45 ACP.

If you are really interested in 10mm then an interesting forum to visit if you haven't already is:

http://10mm-firearms.com/

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Love my two Delta Elites. I carry a 5" 1911 in .45 ACP or 10mm every day.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
What are you waiting for?

Love my Delta! It has moved into top spot for my EDC gun. Drop-in beavertail, extended thumb safety and extended mag release and it's good to go.

Mine was bought used and ABUSED 3 1/2 years ago. Over paid for it because I wanted it ($1000).Bbl bushing was so worn that it shot patterns, not groups and trigger was horrible....gritty, stacked up at the point of break and was over #6 when it did break.

New over size EGW bbl bushing and a decent #4 trigger job and now it will chew a 3" bullseye at 35' with my reloads (hot loads) and any factory rd (and my old eyes). It will eventually get nite sites and some other personal preference work done, but it's my edc choice right now. I love the 10MM rd.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments, guys

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
If the price is remotely right, and the gun factory original, go for it! The 10MM is the BEST self defense, Service Pistol round available. Do put a fresh set of springs in any used gun you acquire, particularly a 10MM!

For carry, use FACTORY high velocity ammo (135-150 grain) for maximum terminal effect. (exception - Winchester Silvertips are excellent.) In the woods, CorBon Penetrator (200gr FMJ) for deeper penetration on critters. With the wide range of factory loads and the ease of reloading, the 10MM is a performer! CC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts