615 Posts
Then you do

Have something to compare to.

Jess

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Yeap.

I've owned or seen a lot every "semi-custom" (no such thing) except Volkmann.

If I still had all of them the FIRST one I would sell is the NH. Actually the Fusion would be before a High Point.:rofl:

Next would be WC, then Brown, GC, and finally Baer. Although the GC and Baer might be switched.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
But that is just personal preference.

·
Banned
3,351 Posts
I look at it this way. I have a Valor and a CBOB that I love. Great for everyday shooting or carrying. But on the other hand I have begun to shoot quite a lot at 25 yards and I can tell you that the NH GRP outshoots the DW. In fact I have a LB Premier with the 1 1/2" guarantee on order for just that purpose.
I have quite a few high end 1911's and my DW Guardian may not be the most accurate 1911 I own, and it damn sure better not be...:rofl:, but it is one of the most accurate 1911's I shoot. My CCO is a real shooter too. ;)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Any customs or semi customs in your "inventory" sig line.
Jess,

At 64 I have had or have shot just about every make of 1911 out there. So yeah I have a basis for comparison and I've kept what I wanted too. BTW none of these are "pure stock."

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
None of my Dan Wesson's are as accurate as my NH predators. That does not mean I don't like my Dan Wesson's any less. I started buying Nighthawks when the Dan Wesson prices went up because they moved into a different price group. I can order a Nighthawk just the way I want it. I still feel that Dan Wesson's are great guns and by far the best 1911 you can get for the price. IMHO

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
nighthawk and wilson hands down. Had to send my cbob back to dan wesson and when I got it back nothing had changed. Still same issues. They didnt even test fire it to make sure it worked before sending it to me. I was literally told, we diddnt have the ability to test fire my cbob. I sold it and went high end and never looked back. Unless some one owns a nighthawk, brown, or wilson exc.... they cant justify there dan wesson over a better maker to me. Its like a camry owner challanging a ferrari owner to a better car disscusion. :scratch:

·
Banned
13,564 Posts
But that is just personal preference.
That's all any of these dead horse beating "this brand over here is better than that brand over there cause it cost more than/less than that brand over there", threads are. Personal preference.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.