1911Forum banner

Any expirience loading 9Luger with ligth bullet and Hogdon clays?

121 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Mike Brauer
Hi Folks!

Has anybody some expirience with light bullets 90grs or less and Hodgon Clays Powder for 9Luger? Loading Data?

Shame on me, it's not for my 1911, its for a H&K USP-Expert.

------------------
Together we stand, divided we fall!

(taken from Pink Floyd The Wall)
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
420 Posts
I do for loading 9x23, but not 9mm. Friends and I load the rem 88gr jhp with Clays in the 9x23 case for a really light steel load, but I really dont think Clays would be a good powder for the kind of load you are looking for, the case wont take the pressure. Our guns have lightened slides and I dont think you could safely make a load up with 9mm brass to function a full weighted slide on the Expert(nice gun BTW). Just my .02$ Good Luck, DC

------------------
front sight is good, front sight is good!

· Registered
582 Posts
Mike, I once loaded Speer 88 gr hollowpoints with 6.5 gr Unique (per Speer Manual #10) and they functioned just fine in my High Power. The Speer data shows 1405 fps out of a 4" S&W Model 39.

I know this doesn't exactly pertain to your question but I just wanted to assure you that a light, high-speed 9-mm load will cycle reliably in some full-sized pistols.

Good luck in your search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.