1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow fattys, I'm 6'4 250 and maintain a decent shed over my tool while sitting. Standing isn't a problem, but what about while sitting wearing a thunderwear, (or similar product) do you have problems with it jabbing your gut or fitting between your legs? Thinking about packing a pro-carry in one so let me know what u think.

Matt

·
Registered
27,691 Posts
Thunderwear, what a concept. Let's hope nobody that is using this ever needs their gun in a hurry.

------------------
"Even the most normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats"
Mencken

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well, I'm hardly thin (5'11", 210) and I love my ThunderWear. I carry an Ultra CDP and yes, if I am not careful I can get pinched (barrel-sack-pants like... EEEK!)when sitting down. But for me, it is much more concealable and comfortable than any other method of carry I've tried. I've sat or driven for many hours and not even known it's there. Can't say that for *any* IWB or even OWB rig I've tried.

BillD and Wit: Have you actually tried it, or are you just blowing air? In my experience, those that claim such inaccessibility are speaking from ignorance.

For everyone lucky(?) enough to be able to use a supposedly more accessible method of carry, that's great. But I'd bet I can present from my ThunderWear almost as quickly as any conceal-carry method, and probably quicker than any other comparable method (e.g. tucked-in IWB). More importantly, I don't have to wear a jacket, a sloppy untucked shirt, or some other obvious overgarment just to conceal my weapon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot gtf, thats what I was looking for. If drawing is indeed slower... so what! The only time i will wear this thing is with athletic shorts which will get out of the way real fast, should be able to keep my draw easily as fast as my iwb from kytac I would only wear thunderwear when i can't wear a normal holster (I.E. athletic shorts)

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts