1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several 2011s and want to learn to be able to do a few things on them, like change mainsprings and things like that.

Are there any places online that show or have diagrams or instructions on how to properly disassemble and do minor work such as this on them?

I'm fairly mechanical, but have never detail stripped a 2011 or 1911 at all and would like to learn.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
If you have several 2011, then you must have several owner manuals. Try reading the disassembly instructions in the manual. If you don't have the manual try their website.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My STI manuals do not go into disassembly of the lower, just the upper parts. Its the lower I'm wanting to learn to work on as I know how to do the upper.

My SVI guns I both purchased used and do not have manuals. Again though, what is on SVI's site does not get into disassembly of the lower and deal with changing mainsprings or mag catches or sears, etc.

I was hoping there was something out there though as I dont want to just start taking things apart and seeing what happens.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Honestly the 2011's disassemble pretty much the same way as a 1911, only significant difference on the STI style 2011 is you remove the top grip screws, and screw bushings and also the small screw and sleeve at the top of the trigger guard. then the entire lower grip can be removed. otherwise disassembles same as a 1911.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts