1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Custom Shop area of SA's website and they list a Custom Carry (#PC9102) but they don't have any info on it other than it's available in all the std. lengths. Anybody out there that can offer info? It looks to be parkerized, possibly teflon or armory coat ... could be something to consider, but they don't even list a price!
Hopefully some of you can tell me more about it.

Thanks,

Mac

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Springfield Custom Carry comes in Parkerized or Blued finish. The retail price for this custom gun is $1430. Estimated time of delivery is 4-6 months.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It's also list in full size, Champion or compact, and all steel or Lightweight alloy
Regards SonnyD

·
Registered
154 Posts
It is my understanding that the Custom Carry is a full custom gun from Springfield's Custom Shop. The same place the Professional Model comes from. I believe it is build on an oversize National Match frame with a hand fit slide and has Custom internals.

If it is made by the same guys that put together my Professional Model, it will be an excellent gun.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. I've bought a parkerized Champion since posting this question. Extremely happy with it I might add!

I still think the Custom Carry model would be nice to have, but I'm also looking at the ultra compact in 9mm for Summer Carry (SA Customer Service has informed me that this model is due out later this Spring).

I'm of the opinion that if I'm going to change up what I carry then the identical controls and carry modes just make good sense... plus I really really really want one!

The only concern I have is magazine availability... it seems a Colt Officer's mag in 9mm Luger is what I'd be looking for, but where could I find these???

Mac

(Apparently a Springfield addict)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts