1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its time for a new barrel due to one to many squibs :barf: :mummy: , anyone have any input on the new aet barrels or are the regular ones just as good?
whats the best pricing your seeing on these, the best ive seen is that on schuemanns site, somewhere in the range of 250 for the 45 barrel.
roby

·
Registered
372 Posts
Roby even as a smith I have to pay Schuemann price and yes they are alot of money . They are in no way better than Bar- Sto in my opinion but I have to admit in recent Bull Barrel install this thing is accurate and very easy to clean . I believe it is way over engineered by a guy way smarter than I but it is cool in concept and I have to say I am happy with the product but I am still a Bar-Sto fan for the money. MIKE O'HARA O'Hara Custom Guns

·
Registered
419 Posts
I installed a 38 super AET 6" bull barrel in my new caspian a short time ago. Haven't had the gun in a ransom rest yet but, I can tell you with $8.00 a box PMC 130 FMC ammo it will shoot 1" groups at 50 yard no problem. This is not the first Schuemann barrel I installed myself but, definetly the best. Finish inside and out was like a mirror. I've talked to several big name gunsmiths prior to building this PPC gun and all say that these barrels are worth the extra money. I agree. Don't care what anyone else says. In my opinion they are the best, with barsto a very close tie or second.

Paul Schwenke

·
Registered
419 Posts
Kart barrels are the choice for many Bullseye competitors. They work extremely well with lead swc in 45 ACP. All barrels have there place. Kart with lead, Barsto and AET Schuemann with jacketed bullets. I've even had great luck with Ed Brown barrels. I do not have the opportunity like some gunsmiths to try several barrels and select the best one. The AET proved to be the best in my case but, may not be the same choice if I used lead. I'll find this out soon.

I think a lot has to do with the fit of the barrel. Paul.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paul, thanks for all the info.
im primarily a lead shooter and ocassionaly shoot jacketed, so that would heavily way the decision. however, this yr i wanted to shoot L10 ipsc and everyone i see shoots jacketed..hmm?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I shoot only lead also. Just happened that I knew of this barrel about 6 years ago and thought it was the best available. SVI use only the best and Schuemann's are it. The marines were getting 3/8" groups at 50 yards in a test fixture. Darn good if you ask me. I've found very cheap 38 super ammo but, I also bought 3000 rounds of very hard cast lead! Guess what I'm going to use! Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts