1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I having been thinking of doing this for a while and decided to throw it up to forum members...

The only difference in a 13-rd flush-fit hi-power magazine and a 15-rd flush-fit magazine is the follower design. The mag body, spring, base plate, etc. are all the same between the two. The followers for the 15-rd magazine, however, lack the "legs" that a 13-rd magazine have.

The simple solution is to grind off the legs on my/our 13-rd magazines and turn them into 15-rd magazines but I am not really satisifed with this solution. I would rather REPLACE the followers with others so that I can still restore them to their original condition if I chose to do so. I also dislike permanently altering something of which there will be no more made in this country or imported (unless, of course, the sunset occurs).

My solution is to have a local machinist make copies of my 15-rd followers out of nylon stock on his CNC equipment. The expense of doing this is not really all that great but it outweighs my desire to do so if I was the only person buying some.

Would anyone else be interested in going in on this project with me? The price of the followers would be based on how many were manufactured.

Anyone? Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello. While "converting" Pre-Ban magazines holding over 10 rnds to holding more is no problem, it's just a hop and a skip from doing something that has a potential penalty far worse than the "crime" of altering a Post-Ban magazine to hold more than ten rounds.

Like you, I think that this law is utterly absurd, useless, and penalizes only the honest gun owners.

However, this site rule's don't allow for any hint of such. For that reason, I'm locking the thread.

No one has done anything wrong, nor am I in the least bit upset, but do believe that this is the proper course of action.

Best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.