1911Forum banner

Are you interested in buying the Army Chief patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do we have enough interests to get the patches made and available for purchase again? The maker need 100 minimum patches. The price should be close to the original patch ($10 plus shipping).

This is not a charity event, orders will be made directly with the vendor. I will not be handling the selling of the patches.

Please vote on the poll above.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I will buy some. I sent another forum member two yesterday. Could always use more.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You know I'm good for a few. Put me down for three. Thanks again, Ricky.

ETA: Unfortunately, I never had the honor, or pleasure, of meeting Chuck personally, but his words and grace have impacted my life greatly for the many years that I've been reading them. I often catch myself going back and reading his posts, and I always find comfort and inspiration in them. I don't have one, but every time I see pics of this simple patch, I am reminded of what unwavering faith and courage look like. I would be honored to have one around in my daily life as a constant reminder to be the best man of God, husband, and father that I can be.

I can only hope for the same as Chuck did, to be found faithful. AC, you are still missed by many brother, and here's to day we finally meet.

·
Super Moderator
14,598 Posts

ETA: Unfortunately, I never had the honor, or pleasure, of meeting Chuck personally, but his words and grace have impacted my life greatly for the many years that I've been reading them. I often catch myself going back and reading his posts, and I always find comfort and inspiration in them. I don't have one, but every time I see pics of this simple patch, I am reminded of what unwavering faith and courage look like. I would be honored to have one around in my daily life as a constant reminder to be the best man of God, husband, and father that I can be.

I can only hope for the same as Chuck did, to be found faithful. AC, you are still missed by many brother, and here's to day we finally meet.
Eloquently said. I found a great deal of inspiration in his words as well, and still do when I go back and re-read his posts.

ETA - I'll take two more.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I bought ten last time for what I considered a very good charity. I've sent six to forum folks, keeping one, probably hand out the others. For profit just seems wrong to me.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Never seen one (yeah I am a noob). Anyone have a picture?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts

Very well said sir.

Army Chief's words were instrumental in me purchasing my first Wilson.

Put me down for 1/2 dozen

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
AC rides along with me at every outdoor shoot right there on the dump pouch. I shoot a mag for him at every outing and I know he's there.

Peace my friend.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts

Nice post.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Do we have enough interests to get the patches made and available for purchase again?
I'd be in for a couple, I'd like to replace the AC patch on my range bag with a 1911forum version and put the M4C patch back on display inside my rifle safe. I actually have a spare 1911forum AC patch, but I have other plans for that one.

This captures my thoughts to a tee. So well in fact, that it's pointless for me to add my own comments. Well said StraitR.
For profit just seems wrong to me.
I'd have to agree with this Jim, if not for the fact that MilSpecMonkey (MSM) accommodated the last go-around of AC patches at cost (not only for us, but for M4C too), thereby allowing the proceeds to be gifted to AC's family.

It's my understanding that they didn't profit at all from the first round. In which case I'd be more than pleased to see MSM make a few bucks from the next round of AC patches, while enabling those who missed out the last time an opportunity to purchase some.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I'd have to agree with this Jim, if not for the fact that MilSpecMonkey (MSM) accommodated the last go-around of AC patches at cost (not only for us, but for M4C too), thereby allowing the proceeds to be gifted to AC's family.

It's my understanding that they didn't profit at all from the first round. In which case I'd be more than pleased to see MSM make a few bucks from the next round of AC patches, while enabling those who missed out the last time an opportunity to purchase some.

Made at cost means they didn't lose money either. That's what a charity is all about. I'm sure if they didn't, they could have written it off as a charitable contribution. There by recovering some profit.

I'd rather see them made for cost again for those who missed out and may want some. With the proceeds going into the original charitable fund. Thus helping the Petrie kids. A way to honor a man who helped so many.

A good way to thank MSM, is to go to their page and see their other products. Many of us might want some and just haven't seen them. My wife did that the last go round and bought a few items just for the reason you mention. They helped out, why not support those that do good.

http://milspecmonkey.com/store/34-blades

·
Registered
219 Posts
Jim makes some good points, and I read a few comments in the patch thread over on M4C regarding the same.

I suppose this is my opportunity to tell my one and only AC story. To this day, I still cannot post in the General section of M4C because I don't have the required 200 posts to do so, even though I've been a member over there since 2008. What can I say, I'm a reader. I have what, 140 something posts here in over ten years? lol. Anyway, I sent Chuck a PM regarding my thoughts on post count as a basis for forum access, and here is his response...

While it's not profound like so many of Chuck's responses are, this due to the generic topic rather than than his word choices, it's still typical AC. He took the time to respond to my PM, and not just a minute to type a few lines on a keyboard, he took the time to work all that out on an iPhone. This is time he could have spent doing far more important things, at least that's what the world would have us believe. Time was an extremely limited resource for AC, he knew it, yet he devoted so much to others, even total strangers such as myself. Time, something we often refuse to give to others, even to the ones we love, and even when they're more than deserving of it. Time is something we selfishly cling to, even when we haven't been told we have a terminal disease.

So, why was Chuck so giving of his precious time? I can tell you why, because he was more concerned about others than he was himself. He was a man of faith and purpose, and nothing was going to stop him from giving everything he had until he could give no more. If you can't find inspiration in that, then it may be a good idea to check to see if you still have a pulse. That's the point in which I would just shake my head at you, but that's also the point in which Chuck would dig deeper and find the perfect words of encouragement. Knowing this only drives me to be better.

So, if having one of these patches only means that it gets lost in my closet and seen once a year to remind me of what's truly important in life, then I think Chuck would call that a win. If it means that I get to share his story to those that ask about it when seen on my hat, then I think Chuck would be humbled. But most of all, if it opens a door to share about the man, his faith, and the Father he served, then I like to believe that Chuck would be completely satisfied and filled with joy.

So, while I understand the concerns here and on M4C about where the proceeds go, I believe that the real profits will be going exactly to whom they belong.

"Well, then," Jesus said, "give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God." Mark 12:17

Best,
Craig

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.