1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to Wilson About a Full size Protector last week in Stainless 5" I would like some feedback from other Protector owners on the issues on feeding & shooting with hollow points and semi-wadcutters and of course accuracy....... PLEASE

Thanks !

·
Super Moderator
13,559 Posts
From all the Protector owners that I've met, they have been extremely happy with their pistols. I've shot about 10000 rounds through one and found that it's very accurate and reliable. The only malfunctions were caused by bad handloads and damaged magazines.

G

·
I own a Stainless Protector, received in February. Well made, reliable, and accurate. I don't know what else to say. One problem with the Wilsons is that one is never enough

I can send you some pictures of targets I've shot, let me know.
Dennis D. Carter

·
Registered
121 Posts
I love my lightweight 5" Protector. It's a 99 gun has the old nite-eyes and is marked "Service Grade" on the slide. A couple of thousand of the nastiest lead reloads that I can crank out, including some rough SWC loads, and it's still going strong. Even the Armor-tuff is holding up to my satisfaction.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine's a "Service Grade" Protector as well, made in late 1997. It has the old style nite eyes sights and a "bullit-proof" hammer.

[This message has been edited by tetley (edited 08-07-2001).]

·
Banned
79 Posts
Corbon01,
If bellville is anywhere near coldwater I have a Stainless Protector you can shoot instead of just asking about one.
Andy

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
My stainless protector is fairly new and just about broken in. It is absolutely fantastic. Very accurate and reliable. Have only fired ball and JHP ammo, but many types.

You will see and feel the quality of the gun as soon as you handle it. You can't go wrong with one of these.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Wilson Protector is a great shooting gun. I am still very glad that I decided to purchase one. You won't be sorry if you get one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have had my fullsize LW Protector for just over a year. It is my primary carry gun. 2,500 rounds through it with 100% functioning! Very accurate gun. When I first received it I compared it to my fullsize Kimber. I was initially dissapointed, as I did not see that much difference. After the first round went down range it was obvious what I had paid for. Everything on the gun works perfectly. Checkering, angle of the thumb safety (I shoot high thumb) grip safety. Everything perfect. You get what you pay for. You will not regret purchasing a Protector!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the stainless Protector with 500 rounds of S&B through it and it never has had a jam of any kind. Accuracy is well beyond the level of this shooter.

I like it because it gives me confidence in my own abilities and I know now that with this pistol I can grow into a better shooter with practice.

The gun looks great. It shoots great and there is no rattle at all.

I have a TARGET model Wilson (now the Classic model) that has an alleged 5K rounds through it and it is as tight as my new stainless Protector.

A representative of Wilson told me if I could shoot the rifling out of the barrel they would fit a new one for free. That's confidence in your product.

I recommend the Wilson pistol, in any format.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Just got my Protector today! I racked the slide back and boy was it ever smooth....No rattle, nice tactical night sights and crisp trigger pull. Can't wait for the range...Let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I would go for a carbon-steel Protector w/the industrial hard-chrome finish if I liked a bright gun, or the black ArmorTuff finish if I didn't. Just be sure and order the gun w/the tool-steel hammer and sear.

·
Registered
352 Posts
After months of research, questioning and "window-shopping", I'm getting the stainless Protector in January '02. I'm already happy with the service I've received from Wilson. Based on that and what I've seen/read here and elsewheres, I'm already happy with it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts