1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there received their orders from Mr. Wickmann yet? My local dealer contacted him about a month ago and Mr. Wickmann said he's catching up as well as waiting for the mailing and shipping to normalize. (I doubt this will happen anytime soon with the Anthrax scare) Living in Canada and waiting for the proper paperwork and redtape doesn't help either.
I am still anxiously awaiting my BHP ordered last November but from what I hear about his work I think it'll be worth every second of the wait.

Still I dying to get it soon

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello. I have a slide with him and have not received it back yet. I spoke with him a few days ago and he promised to get it sent back to me, but as of yet, nothing. He told me that all he needed to do was assemble the slide and ship as it had the sights installed as ordered and it has be blued.
Nothing as of today. I tried calling today and just got his machine.

I do know that he's suffered some severe medical problems in his immediate family and and then some more problems, but it's beginning to wear thin with me.

Best.

[This message has been edited by Stephen A. Camp (edited 11-01-2001).]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey BK

FWIT, I just got my Alessi CQC/S for my BHP from rhe States, should have taken 7 days, it took 14 and Canadian Customs did not even open it! Things are SLOOOWWWW.

Have you got your Walther P99 yet?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Tobin,

How do you like the CQCS?
For me it's the best holster I've tried. I really like how it's curved to comfortably place the holster at the point of the hip for maximum speed of draw.

The P99 is nice. Very reliable, the grip is a dream, trigger is nice a light when broken in. You can carry it DA/SA, SA, SA(long trigger first shot). Only complaint is notch in rear sight too wide for my tastes.
It's easier to clean than BHP and with the tenifer finish and plastic frame I don't need to baby it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stephen,

I thought you might like to know that A good customer of ours just got his Hi-power back from Wickmann on Monday. It looks great. Hopefully you will get your slide soon.

·
Registered
92 Posts
P99 sounds interesting.

CQC/S is excellent. Best I have used and sticks to your body like it not even there and so easy to put on.

Now i have to find one for my new Norinco NP29 1911 9mm!

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello. I spoke with Mr. Wickmann last Wednesday and he said that he was going to ship my slide last Thursday. He also advised that he'd email me my tracking number.

So far, neither has occurred.

For the last 3 weeks when I've called, I've been told that all the work's done and it'll be shipped "tomorrow."

We'll see.

I'm beginning to wonder if something's happened that ain't good.

Best.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Why don't 'smiths--even (especially??) the great ones--understand that their customers just want the truth, even if it's bad news? I just don't get it.....

·
Registered
977 Posts
I had a HP customized by Wickmann. It,too, was delayed, but he told me the truth as to why. First, he was having some family problems. Second, he need money and pushed my order back for some guy that was having a full blown custom job done that was worth more money to him, which he needed at the time. I respected his honesty and continued to wait.

It took about 6-7 months for him to complete his Entry Pkg on my HP. I can tell you it was worth the wait. It is one of my favorite weapons, 1911's included.

What I would prefer to see smiths do is, put you on a list and call when they are ready to work on your gun. This way it is not out of our possession for very long. This is how I prefer to do business. However, from a business perspective, I guess if they do this they could possibly lose your business to someone else in the interim.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by fremont:
Why don't 'smiths--even (especially??) the great ones--understand that their customers just want the truth, even if it's bad news? I just don't get it.....
The truth! you can't handle the truth!;-o

I think if you let someone who provides a service know that you don't like to be BS-ed right from the start, they will be more likely to give you the real story. I know when I quote out an auto repair and don't allow time for circumstances beyond my control I run into it every time. I think the main thing is to remain tactful in your dealings with the person. If you later decide that they did a good job, but jerked you around, you can decide for yourself whether or not to be a repeat customer.
I have taken parts in for machine work and been told 2 days and gotten my parts back 10 days or more later. Now I inform my customers accordingly and let them know that it costs more $$$ to get it done quickly.
Just my .02
Joe

·
Registered
216 Posts
Originally posted by Stephen A. Camp:
.....snip..He truly has had some more major problems in recent days that are beyond his control.

Best.
Not if the problems you are talking about are a "sickness in his family" unless he is a physician.

We have enough competent physician's in this country that NOBODY has to go and monitor the care of a loved one to the extent that they do not complete their work assignments.....unless of course you are a qualified physician yourself and are needed to provide care for the ill person.

I have heard all of this before and it just doesn't wash! The best thing that he could do is to carry on at home and visit in his spare time. Otherwise it will hurt the financial state of the entire family when his business suffers....and for what? He can only get in the way.

Anybody recall a guy named Paul308 over on AR-15.com? geeze!

PigPen, M. D.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Originally posted by PigPen:

We have enough competent physician's in this country that NOBODY has to go and monitor the care of a loved one to the extent that they do not complete their work assignments.....unless of course you are a qualified physician yourself and are needed to provide care for the ill person.

I have heard all of this before and it just doesn't wash! The best thing that he could do is to carry on at home and visit in his spare time. Otherwise it will hurt the financial state of the entire family when his business suffers....and for what? He can only get in the way.

Anybody recall a guy named Paul308 over on AR-15.com? geeze!

PigPen, M. D.

[/B]
PigPen I couldn't disagree with you more on this one. I have been the one in the hospital bed and let me tell you the support from my family helped me tremendously. I have been through two back surgeries in the last nine years. The second one this May. I was hospitalized in January of this year with extreme sciatic nerve pain down my leg from my back problems. It was a great comfort for me to know that my wife was there for me. I would also prefer my wife get in the shower with me and help me wash the areas that I couldn't reach. I was bent over like an old man and I couldn't straighten up. I am 31 years old so not being able to move or take care of myself was really bothering me. That's not to say that it doesn't bother somebody older than I am I am just saying that I am not accustomed to being in that situation at my age. On the other side of the coin I have been there for my wife as well. Trying to keep my mind on my work was impossible for me. I screwed more things up than I did right. My boss said to go and be with my wife, that's where you belong. No offense to Mr. Wickmann but I would rather wait until his problems are cleared up and have mistake free work to show for it.

Shooter Ready?

[This message has been edited by Shooter Ready? (edited 11-25-2001).]

·
Registered
216 Posts
Perhaps I do not understand the dependence some have on others. I have always tried (sucessfully) to be independent; to carry on in the face of adversity; to make lemon-aid when dealt lemons. I have tried to show an example for others to follow...to carry my load and part of theirs if they felt the need....not to whine.

I have tried to deliver on promises to those to whom my living was owed and arrange care when necessary from professionals in the business of providing it for ill family members.

I am sure you did enjoy the attention given you by your wife but if that meant her work somewhere went undone, you should IMO, have called for the orderly to help with your bathing. That's what orderlies are for. They work for near everyone else. Then your wife could go do her job so that those innocent persons to whom she had a responsibility would not suffer.

I guess we just disagree on this one but I do understand the dependent nature of some persons and do not deny that said dependence exists.....I merely deny that it is justified and responsible behavior to let your obligations go in order to scratch that itch.

PigPen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.