1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Colt continues to miss a big 1911 market by not offering a 9x19. In that last few years every 1911 nut I know has bought at least one- the White Box ammo pricing makes it hard not to.

Hopefully this year- I'd sure like to see Colt get a few of these sales.

Brent

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I think we are going to see a S&W beore we see a Colt LW 9mm. Most Companies I talk to say there is no market for them. Some in marketing would create the demand but I don't see any doing it. A good example is Para, they have a 9mm double stack but no single stack. Since all their guns use the supported barrel, why don't they throw a single stack LDA together. Their response "NO MARKET"

·
Administrator
79,229 Posts
When it comes to a 9mm, most people either want huge mag capacity or they want small size. A full-sized 9mm holding less than a dozen rounds unfortunately won't sell. That's why guns such as the excellent SIG P225 disappeared from the market. SIG still makes them and sells them in other countries, but they won't import them into the US anymore.

·
Registered
699 Posts
the gun's ability to be chambered in super hot 9X23 or 38 super should be enough of a reason. More capacity than 357 sig with the same ballistics in 9X23. I would love to see a commander sized scandium Smith and Wesson chambered in all of the above three calibers, or at least one so that the owner could do the swapping out.

·
Registered
472 Posts
There was a Colt employee on here awhile ago that talked about a 9MM in the works. I think he said they were having alittle trouble getting an accurate barrel perfected. This was about the time he talked about the new 38 super barrels coming out and they were getting some really accurate groups with them. That was awhile ago and I haven't seen anything since regarding a Colt in 9MM.

·
Administrator
79,229 Posts
GunNut said:
I think he said they were having alittle trouble getting an accurate barrel perfected.
9mm 1911 pistols have been around since 1949. How much longer is it gonna take to "perfect" a 9mm barrel? :hrm:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ramptester said:
the gun's ability to be chambered in super hot 9X23 or 38 super should be enough of a reason. More capacity than 357 sig with the same ballistics in 9X23. I would love to see a commander sized scandium Smith and Wesson chambered in all of the above three calibers, or at least one so that the owner could do the swapping out.
Exactly what I was thinking. I want a stainless 1991 Lightweight Commander 9x23. It would be the perfect carry gun for me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I find it interesting that there is "no market" for a 9mm 1911. However, try to find an older like-new or used-in-excellent-condition Colt 9mm 1911 and you will probably pay as much as Colt's charges for its higher-priced new models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.