1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
have sold many sets of crimson trace grips with no 'comebacks' for failures or problems .. they are the ONLY laser system i reccomend w/o worries about them fitting or functioning..

------------------

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had a set of laser grips for some time now on my 45, and I like them, for their intended purpose. I am at the age where I have difficulty focusing on the sights in dim light, and I use them in that context. They are NOT a replacement for your sights.

The only drawback that I have seen to the sights is that they are to one side of the bore, so you get a double parallax. If you sight the laser in at a specific range, the point of impact will move left and right in addition to up and down.

I haven't done so, but I am toying with the idea of sighting the laser in so that the point of impact is to the left of the dot. Ideally, this distance would be exactly equal to the offset of the laser from the bore centerline. Theoretically, the shot should always hit the same distance to the left of the dot regardless of the range. I think that one could learn to automatically compensate for this constant distance, with practice. It's far more complicated to allow for the change in elevation at different ranges.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone have laser grips

I have a set from CTC on my Kimber Pro CDP. I have zeroed them at 35 feet off a Ransom rest. I love them,but they did take some getting use to. They put 230 grain Speer jhp golddot's in the same hole. the Hornady 185 grain jhp-xtp runs a close second. I tried to break in a new Kimber and the new CTC's at the same time and I am here to tell you that "fun" turned out to be a full-time job. They are bright and work better than advertised. In a 2-hand hold I actually squeeze the laser on and off with my weak hand. They are a quality product-I am more than a little happy with mine. The CDP with CTC laser grips is now my carry-gun of choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts