1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been exposed to Ed Brown's works of art. Are there any other great or even better gun smiths that could take a stock Para Ord P14 and turn it into a great defensive weapon? I'm looking for improved accuracy (new barrel and bushing), trigger pull and maybe even a mag well. Has anyone ever Bear Coated a Para for durability?

themao

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Sorry Tom - I didn't mean to overlook you either.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I also specialize in building Para's. If you go to my web site you will see the All-Sport Forty. This is an open class gun using a P-16 Ltd as the base gun. I just finished the new limited class gun using the P-16 as a base gun and hope to have some pictures on the web site soon. I can do the same thing with a P-14. I'm currently building a new open gun that uses a Para receiver and a Caspian slide and comp with a Schuemann hybrid barrel its being hardchromed at this time.
Regards,Bob Hunter www.huntercustoms.com

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm sure these guys do great work but I have had George do 3 different Paras one open, a limited and a LDA. I won't let anyone else touch my guns. George is honest and won't sell you parts you don't need. He runs a class act. I had him do the gun I bet my life and the lives the the people who are even more important than mine. I can personally vouch for the quality of his work.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by n2299:
Shane,

Is there anyone in Canada that you would recommend?

I don't have personal experience with his work, but I have heard good things about Gunnar Christensen. He's out in BC. I have corresponded with him a few times, and he knows his stuff. He specializes in IPSC style race guns, but I'm sure he can do anything you want done. His email and website follows...

email: [email protected]
web: www.armco-guns.com

(tell him Shane from the Pistolsmith forum referred you.....)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts