1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've read here for the last couple years about a few folks having troubles with what may be galling or seizing of the slide and frame with DW CBOBs (and perhaps other un-coated stainless pistols). My question here is "have any owners of factory-coated DW pistols, such as the Valor had any problems?

One polite request...Please DO NOT comment unless you meet the exact criteria above. This is not a thread about stainless CBOBs, etc. Let's all sit back, listen and learn something here, together. Thank you! :)

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
Well, since no one else has chimed in, I'll just say that my two tone PM 7 has been absolutley flawless without incident in 700 rounds, and is tighter than a WD-40 user's ass:biglaugh:

The slide to frame on this thing could not be any tighter! One thing that may contribute to the reliability of coated guns over bare stainless is the idea that the "porous" applied finish helps hold the oil, whereas a smooth stainless rail can quickly become void of lubricant... although I have never had a problem with my CBOB either

·
Registered
124 Posts
Although i just recently purchased my Valor i have put about 350 rounds thru it and have had absolutely no issues at all.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My Valor has just under a thousand rounds. It has performed magnificently and has not had any seizing problems. The ceramic coating is wearing exactly where you'd expect it to, along the rails, the slide stop and the throat. So far no wear along the edges and high points. I keep it lubed with Miltec. BTW, I don't recall ever seeing a coated DW with seizing problems on this forum or any other.

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
295 rounds through my Valor, and 289 through the CCO and both have been perfect. Using lots of FP-10.

Just to be clear, I have had no problems with any of my stainless pieces either.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I put 200 rnds through my CCO this weekend - it ran flawlessly. Started out wet and only added a couple of drops of Weapon Shield to the slide rails once during the outing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
200 rounds thru a new Valor - no issues

200 rounds thru a new CCO - no issues

Both guns lubed with Militec and hand cycled 500 times prior to shooting

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
My Valor is fine after 700 rounds. Mobil 1 and Brian Enos Slide Glide light.

·
Registered
366 Posts
No issues or malfunctions with the Valor after 750 rounds fired. Great weapon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Valor is still running smooth, no problems after 300 rounds, love it !!

·
Registered
653 Posts
3K rounds on a Valor no malfunctions. First ~500 run drenched in Militec, normal lube* after that.

I did have an issue with the slide not locking back so I finally scotch brited all the black off the slide stop and that seems to have fixed it.

Joe

*I.e., sufficiently lubed for function, but you could wear it with a white tux and not look like you ran the deep fryers at Dunkin Donuts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts