1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A debate is brewing on the DW sub regarding a recent rash (my opinion) of seizures in CBOB. I want to know how many of you have had their new Fusion's seize.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not me

I'm happy to report that with over 500 rds down the pipe I have had zero malfunctions. Ran like a champ right outta the box. I haven't read anything here in the fusion subforum about any seized pistols or really any malfunctions for that matter. Fusion makes some great guns. As far as DW goes they might be loosing a little attention in regards to each individual pistol because the demand for them right now is so high. DW makes a great product and people are finally discovering them. This may be the reason for the reliability issues. I hope this is not the case, but it makes sense to me. Hope not though.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
What exactly do you mean "seize"?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got rid of my first CBOB about 18 months ago for this problem. Neither of my Fusions has ever had a hitch of any sort. They seems to have a few thousands more clearance on the rails than Dan Wessons that's I've seen, and Fusions don't have rattletrap grip safeties.

I did just pickup another CBOB over the weekend, hoping it'll have better luck ... because I do like the gun.

·
Registered
390 Posts
JW44,

I have two Fusions, one with the Ion-Bond, the other finished in black oxide. Both have run perfectly from the git-go, no problems.

Also have had two DW's, still have one. Both required a lot of attention during break-in period, which was around 500 rds. for each of them. Yes they are tight, probably too much so!

Which shoot the best? Probably the ones which frustrate you the least. Although my DW SSC in 40cal, Im starting to grow quite fond of.

Best of luck in your choice,

What would I do if I was going to purchase another 1911 style pistol? For me it would be an easy choice! Fusion in 40 S&W cal, with the Ion-Bond, probably the Scout model, with adjustable night sights, fully ramped barrel, with GI style recoil spring, 5" barrel. All black. "Oh crap! maybe I better just call Bob!"

Fshcop,

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am going to be in the minority here.

My Fusion hated the Winchester Ranger SXT's when using ACT magazines, jammed quite frequently. It would feed everything else just fine. I switched to Cobra Mags and Wilson's and have since had 0 problems.

Basically, I blame the magazine, not the gun.

Btw, Mr. Serva offered to let me send it in and have some additional throating done on the barrel to feed them with the other magazine. It should also be noted I did not tell him that I planned on using this round in the gun. Had I it may have never been a problem.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No problems in any of my 3 and I have 4 others on the way. Bob has kept me in debt for the last year and a half since I came across his web site...damn him!

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
NOPE.................with either with the original .38 Super barrel on my Fusion Scout, or now with the added Kart 9mm barrel. She just runs like a top. I have not tested a lot of different ammo but everything thus far just runs.

Be safe, shoot well. :rock:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
JW44,

Also have had two DW's, still have one. Both required a lot of attention during break-in period, which was around 500 rds. for each of them. Yes they are tight, probably too much so!

Fshcop,
I am not buying this too tight theory at all.

I have a Les Baer and two DW's (CBOB and Valor). Baer's reputation is right on, extremely tight guns. My DW's were never as tight as my Baer when I first got them, and I never had any of these issues with the Baer, and certainly have not heard any issues like this relating to the gun being too tight.

There is something else going on other than them being a tight gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts