1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't ask me why, but all of a sudden I have a real bad desire for a Broom Handle Mauser. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have just finished reading Winston Churchill’s biography again. Anyhow, does anyone perhaps have an idea where I might score one?

·
Administrator
72,152 Posts
A whole bunch came in from China a few years back. I'd say check the online auction sites.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://usgi1911.tripod.com

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Go to a large gunshow and look around, I saw several at the last one that I went to. I would like to have one to add to my collection with the red 9 on the grip.

7th

------------------
Support Your Local Police

·
Registered
417 Posts
In addition to what's already been mentioned, there's always the Gun List and the Shotgun News newspapers.

The Shotgun News is online...you can browse for one there.

One of the biggest selections of broomhandles I've seen was at the annual gun show at Missoula. It's over now, but the show itself is not just huge; it has more collectibles in one place at one time than I've ever seen.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Whay type of round do they use?

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
The round is the 7.63 * 25 (I believe that is the length). The 7.62 * 25 Russian pistol round is almost the same size but loaded a tad hotter. I don't think I'd fire to much of the Russian ammo out of a Mauser pistol.

Trivia question:

How many screws and pins are used in a broomhandle Mauser pistol?

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 11-13-2001).]

·
Registered
152 Posts
In California you have to list (up to two) guns on your carry permit (assuming you can get one). A buddy of mine listed his Broomhandle as one.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Patrick,

Yeah - sometimes reading can be more expensive than the mere initial cost of the book

The other round not to get mixed up with the 7.63 Mauser is the .30 Luger which is similar, but not the same. It isn't as hot as the 7.62x25 Tokarev or the 7.63 Mauser but is not interchangable with either.

[This message has been edited by LAK (edited 11-15-2001).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts